• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in England 2014

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Found this very interesting: Dravid and I - by Cheteshwar Pujara - News - BCCI.tv

Also kinda worried with what sounds like an obsession to find more scoring options. I have believed that he owes his success to playing the ball extremely late and playing a few shots but playing them very well.
But honestly, giving information out like this is surely not the wisest thing to do in the world. Let the opposition do their own research ffs.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Found this very interesting: Dravid and I - by Cheteshwar Pujara - News - BCCI.tv

Also kinda worried with what sounds like an obsession to find more scoring options. I have believed that he owes his success to playing the ball extremely late and playing a few shots but playing them very well.
Nah, he's just looking to increase his repertoire. It doesn't mean he needs to bring it out all the time.

It's more dangerous in the long run not to learn these shots. You never know when you'll need them. If he doesn't develop his straight game and his front foot game more it'll be very easy to set fields and bowl to him.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Except for Pearson, not many known names in the Leicester line up. Not sure how useful this is going to be for the Indians.

Anku31

U19 Vice-Captain
Don't know why they are playing a 18-a-side match (11 bowling 11 batting).India should have opted for a proper FC match and should have tested a combination for upcoming tests.Happy to have a 5-test series after more than a decade but sad for tour games being non-FC and a bit of non-serious perhaps.Miss those days when touring teams would play 2-3 proper 4-day FC games against county sides,followed by a 5 Test series.

indiaholic

International Captain
Nah, he's just looking to increase his repertoire. It doesn't mean he needs to bring it out all the time.

It's more dangerous in the long run not to learn these shots. You never know when you'll need them. If he doesn't develop his straight game and his front foot game more it'll be very easy to set fields and bowl to him.
I should have been more specific, I had an issue with him remodeling his defensive technique so that he can take more singles: sounds like a bad idea.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Except for Pearson, not many known names in the Leicester line up. Not sure how useful this is going to be for the Indians.
Its a rivalry thing. England did it on 2011(not letting India face good bowlers in the warm ups), India reciprocated at home after that etc.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SL winning probably reduces our chances, strangely. England will be desperate to bounce back and as usual Cook is going to smash us. Hope sone of our new guys like Pankaj and Pandey get a game after Ishant goes for 1/287 in the first game.

Last edited:

jan

State Vice-Captain
Has it really been 3 years since the last time India played tests in England?
I like this test cricket style of summer :)

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Its a rivalry thing. England did it on 2011(not letting India face good bowlers in the warm ups), India reciprocated at home after that etc.
It's a thing more and more countries are starting to do to each other, the county attack Sri Lanka faced in their warm-up was horrendous

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh man.. SL have won and now we are doomed.. We are gonna pick Ishant and then replace him with an ever worse player (Binny).. This could be just as painful as 2011 :(

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Leicester only finished a game about a day before didn't they?
I don't know, but if so that is poor scheduling then isn't it - why not organise India to play a team who would have a decent side ready to play them? Or better yet, get a Lions team to play them.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Somerset hammered the living daylights out of your lot in 2011. Get over yourselves.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, if you wanted to face a proper county attack you guys should have asked the Sri Lankans to hang back for a few days and play you

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Somerset hammered the living daylights out of your lot in 2011. Get over yourselves.
Yeah I remember pretty well that we were owned in the warm ups as well as the tour game after 1-2 tests.

Same thing happened to England when they toured India. Too bad they actually learnt from their mistakes though.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Not been that hard, just persistent. Looks like the potential for similar tomorrow as well.

So irritating, wanted to spent my second last ever day in Leicester watching some Pujara, the best I can hope for now is watching Shiv smack Ishant Sharma around the park.