• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is Sachin's 99.94?

ajdude

International Coach

pretty sure bradman didn't get a mention in wikipedia's "In the news" panel when he retired.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the flipside, Nelson Mandela isn't asking anybody whether Sachin Tendulkar is still alive

Spikey

That joke wasn't as mean as the jokes ajdude made about Tendulkar's mother ftr

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Most Sachin threads on cw are actually not started by the "zealous Indian fans" itbt.

What is Sachin's 99.94? - Dave S (Brit)
Sachin Tendulkar to retire - Spark (Aussie)
Most favourite innings of Sachin Tendulkar - CricAddict (Indian)
Another Sachin Thread: what if... - GIMH (Brit)
Another Sachin Thread: Which Stroke Will You Associate Most With Sachin - JontyPanesar (Brit)
SRT - How many runs left? - GuyFromLancs (Brit)
What will you miss the most about Sachin? - Spikey (Aussie)

flibbertyjibber

His debut was in March 2006, so he is likely to have played 102 Test matches inside 8 years. If he can remain fit and in some sort of form, he'll be around the 200 mark when he is 36-37.
If he does that and can go on till he is close to 40 (a lot of ifs and buts but go with it) then SRT's test runs total will be indoubt and his test centuries could be too. Not that Cook will ever be regarded anywhere near the same level as SRT.

Zinzan

read the threads.

I've read my share (though not as much as some) & whilst I've seen some strong arguments for the likes of Ponting, Lara & Kallis to be = or > than him, can't say I've seen blatant anti-Tend trolling. Perhaps I missed certain threads or the said posts were deleted.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Lara the gentleman one is about Tendulkar also ftr.
Just saw. Yeah fair enough. I wasn't opening the thread because I thought it wasn't about Tendulkar :ph34r:

EDIT: kyear is selecting ATG XI in that thread. WTF!

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If he does that and can go on till he is close to 40 (a lot of ifs and buts but go with it) then SRT's test runs total will be indoubt and his test centuries could be too. Not that Cook will ever be regarded anywhere near the same level as SRT.
Cook is likely to surpass SRT if he ends up playing until close to 40. With Cook opening and therefore, getting more chances, he currently averages more runs per Test match than Sachin. 80.42 vs. 79.61.

benchmark00

Ftr the amount of Tendulakar threads floating about is fair enough imo. The **** has been the most significant cricketer for the last 15 years or so. Don't think the praise and discussion he's generating has been over the top at all. Just a shame a few **** posters have taken the opportunity to try and push their agenda at this time.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Im confused by this. If all the if, buts and maybes that you list happen then I fail to see any reason why he wouldnt be.

benchmark00

Im confused by this. If all the if, buts and maybes that you list happen then I fail to see any reason why he wouldnt be.
The same reason why I will always consider Ricky Ponting a better batsman than Jacques Kallis, despite Kallis ending his career with more hundreds and more runs.