• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best damn hooker of the cricket ball

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There was a fine one on my street corner last night though she seems to be struggling a bit for business. She's getting old.

JBMAC

State Captain
Bradman,McCabe,Viv Richards,Doug Walters,Slater,Keith Stackpole,David Steele,Gravenay,barrington, to just name a few of the best

kingkallis

International Coach
From the players I saw on TV, it has to be Richardson and de Silva. They regularly played that risky shot pretty well.

Didnt Martin Crowe played hooks as well? Nobody mentioned it though.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Has to be Ritchie Richardson of those I have seen. TV was good but live was great. Plus he gets style points for the hat.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
My memory of Richie was hooking in the cap, all through the 80's. Only started wearing the big hat in 92.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
de Silva never wore the grill on the headgear, at leat not until he crossed 35 years of age. He was brought up with it, as he used it to face spinners. Was good enough to play with a hat IMO. Never seen getting hit on the head after playing Hadlee, Imran, Wasim, Waqar, Donald, Schultz, Bishop, Walsh, Ambrose, Benjamins, Lee, Shoaib and Bond. That is basically one third of the express bowlers in the cricket history. Add Momammed Zahid and Mohammed Akram too,

Flem274*

123/5
Colin Munro is pretty decent. Quite enjoyed smoking Steyn and co with beautiful technique.

Pity he bats like a number ten with a club doing everything else.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I always thought it was interesting that Steve Waugh refused to play it after a while. Wasn't any detriment to his run scoring ability

the big bambino

International Captain
He got brained by Bill Copson when repping for the Gents in the 1936 match. Tried to hook got an edge and was caught via his forehead. He batted in the 2nd innings against doctor's orders and hung on just long enough to get his side to a draw. So he had game and guts.