what's the point of bringing sachinfanboys/girls in this thread
what's the point of bringing sachinfanboys/girls in this thread
And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW
Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta
1. It makes a hell of a difference in the bowler's list. A lot of bowlers have career ratings above 150 and this puts them too far ahead of other greats who played less matches.
2. Good idea, but it doesn't work. At least, it would only work for batsmen who have played a significant amount of matches in all countries. Bradman only played in Australia and England. Are you going to penalise him for not playing in more countries? Are you also going to penalise someone who failed in India but only got to play 2 tests? There are too many variables to make it a relevant factor.
3. I already have. Headley is now at no.13 in the list.
4. I thought about this, but then concluded that you are playing to win the match against the whole opposition, not just the bowling attack. For example, India may be seen as a third-rate bowling attack, but their strength in batting means that your side is under pressure to put a lot of runs on the board (at least in Indian conditions). The formula for this actually incorporates the opposition's team rating along with their bowling rating.
Chasingthedon, in previous editions, I had Ken Barrington in the top 10 and Viv Richards at no.20. That is just wrong and presenting a list based on just bare averages without context was not what I wanted this list to be. I then added significant innings or adjusted the averages. In the end, the list reflects not only who were the best run scorers, but more importantly how much their runs were worth.
Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan
Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood
Two questions, I have noticed that your signature has changed, should we expect similar changes after your bowler reveal? With regard to limiting the points of players with lesser number of tests, I assume it would affect Barnes and O'Reilly the same way that it has affected Headley.
Looking forward to the bowler countdown and hope it isn't too far away. My prediction for the top 3 in some order would be Marshall, Murali and McGrath, looking forward to seeing how right/wrong I am.
Hutton* | Hobbs | Bradman | Richards^ | Tendulkar | Sobers5^ | Gilchrist+ | Khan3 | Marshall1 | Warne4^ | McGrath2
Sutcliffe | Gavaskar* | Headley | Chappell^ | Lara^ | Kallis5^ | Knott+ | Hadlee3 | Ambrose2 | Lillee1 | Muralitharan4
Greenidge | Richards^ | Ponting^ | Pollock | Hammond^ | Worrell5* | Waite+ | Akram3 | Steyn1 | Holding2 | O'Reilly4
Morris | Simpson^ | Sangakkara | Weekes^ | Border*^ | Walcott+ | Faulkner5 | Laker4 | Trueman1 | Garner3 | Donald2
2) Bradman wouldn't be penalised. The penalty would only apply to the countries you've actually played in. This actually favours the old timers because modern crcketers are much more likely to have a blot on their overall record given they play in 10-11 countries. I think this parameter is necessary, because just to take an example....great batsman though Dravid is, he failed repeatedly on South African pitches which I don't consider to be a coincidence, and this flaw should reflect in his rating. Put a lower limit on the number of innings if you want, maybe 8 minimum innings. But I seriously hope you include this in the formula for batsmen as well as bowlers.
Would Marshall be considered as great as he is if he averaged 35 in Australia and India but his overall average remained the same because of improved performances elsewhere? No, in my opinion. The greatest of the ATG players have beautifully balanced records where they've proved themselves in a variety of conditions.
Regarding 3) and 4) Excellent
Look, I've had another think* abouth this and seriouslt, if you don't want to roger Allan Border you're kidding yourself. how great was he? On reflection, second to Bradman. Nevef mind the sexeh shots all arounf the wicket. let's talk about toughness. Not facing the WI attacks on fgeatherbeds like that pussy Gavaskar, but on real cricket wickets which offered a bit for the quicks. Get him up here, I want to **** him. You can have your FaiLaras or Flopdulkars, when the chips wree down, the great man always stood up. What could Tendulkar or lara do which AB couldn't? Play a back foot drive? Who gives a ****? When the chips were down, like they always were through the mid 80s, AB stood up. This was the era when the WI used to tour here and we'd play them in Brisbane and Perth first up - we'd be 2-0 down inside four days cricket. And this bastard use dto stand up and make runs when no one else would.
Lara's 153? Pfft. What about Border's 98 not out and 100 not out vs WI in 1984? Die in a fire, all you ****s. AB uber alles.
*several Makers Mark 46's.
WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
"People make me happy.. not places.. people"
"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson
"Oh my God, there's a castle! A castle!"
all time great post that.
my novel is about a futuristic amusement park where dinosaurs are brought to life through advanced cloning techniques. it's called billy and the cloneasaurus.
A bit confused here.......
Burgey is championing AB's toughness and then talks about wanting to **** him. Pretty sure AB would be doing the ****ing Burgmeister.........you'd be crying your eyes out wishing you had Michael Clarke behind you
Sing sing wherever you may be
We are the famous Barmy Army
And we'll cheer England on wherever they may be
And we'll sing them on to another victory...
Don't make jokes about AB mate. Not ever.
Diuretics are used to look good at TV shows
I played for 20 years in the Lankan team, I did not have any problems as a Tamil - Muralidaran
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)