• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wellington with same frontline bowlers of Gillespie / Arnel / McKay / Patel for 7th FC game in a row. Probably some kind of record.
It's a shame in some ways there's not just one spot for a younger guy in an attack where the youngest is 33. They might learn a fair bit being surrounded by the more experienced guys. Maybe it's because the next best (Tugaga? Friday?) haven't been hugely impressive to date, however personally I really like the look of Tugaga's bowling.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That whole Wellington side is just so old and un-promising, with the exception of Blundell. Probably the least exciting of the domestic teams in terms of the talent coming through.

Hopefully they get Tugaga and Friday and the young batsmen in next season.

Howsie

International Captain
Brad Wilson has to get the flick soon right? Last 7 FC scores; 0, 33, 18, 15, 9, 6, 0; 81 Runs @ a shade over 11.

Joe Carter at 3 has been a defacto opener all season long. Move him up a spot to open I'd back Popli or Mitchell at 3 then get Hampton or Hickey into that middle order.
Carter is a natural opener anyway, done it all through the grades. TBH I was surprised he has been batting at three all season long, done a bloody good job nonetheless.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That whole Wellington side is just so old and un-promising, with the exception of Blundell. Probably the least exciting of the domestic teams in terms of the talent coming through.

Hopefully they get Tugaga and Friday and the young batsmen in next season.
Friday is in Auckland, and not making a great fist of it either.

khodder

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Carter is a natural opener anyway, done it all through the grades. TBH I was surprised he has been batting at three all season long, done a bloody good job nonetheless.
Yeah, have played a fair bit against Joe over the past 2-3 years.

Aside;

Wellington NEVER bring through their young talent, stay put with old hacks without potential. Watch their younger players A] Quit the game B] Leave the Province or C] Rot in Club Cricket.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Has anyone ever seen a bowler look as unexcited as Doug Bracewell currently does when he takes a wicket? Also he really seems to have slowed his approach to the crease - while I don't mind that he's not just trying to bowl as fast as possible as he was unsuccessfully in some recent NZ appearances, it does all seem a little ho-hum. Doubt he's exceeding 130km/h... though it's good to see him get some batsmen caught behind the wicket to accurate bowling all the same.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Bracewell's just a bit too cool for cricket, tbh. He's never really looked like he gave a ****. Probably what happens when your whole family is cricket mad and you just happen to be a big, naturally gifted dude who probably made the domestic team without really caring that much.