• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
No we couldn't have, because of the small matter of a 5 Test Ashes series...
Generally when one side who usually takes part in a 5 Test series becomes semi-minnow, they get the amount of Tests in the series reduced, like the Frank Worrell. Imagine the Ashes will be a 3 Test series after Australia get whitewashed, leaving more time for serious opposition like New Zealand and a resurgent West Indies.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Only Two Tests? Phft.

Got good memories of New Zealand in England, looking forward to this series.

Wright

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeah, and at this stage I'd probably take their openers over ours as well.

Australasian top 6:
Cowan, Warner, Williamson, Clarke, Taylor, McCullum
Australasian 11:

Cowan, Warner, Williamson, Clarke, Taylor, McCullum, Watling, Siddle, Pattinson, Boult, Lyon.

Thoughts?

Flem274*

123/5
Australasian 11:

Cowan, Warner, Williamson, Clarke, Taylor, McCullum, Watling, Siddle, Pattinson, Boult, Lyon.

Thoughts?
I'd swap Clarke and Taylor due to Clarke's weirdness with being moved from number five but other than that you're pretty spot on as things stand. A fit Ryan Harris would get a spot ahead of someone (and he's fit right now) but that's probably going to be as rare as a fit Bond was.

BeeGee

International Captain
I thought this the other day. Plus, we have about 4 spinners that are better than their ones.
:huh: WTF? Who exactly are these four great spinners? NZ has terrible spinners.

Lyon is definitely better than anyone we have.

Jezroy

State Captain
:huh: WTF? Who exactly are these four great spinners? NZ has terrible spinners.

Lyon is definitely better than anyone we have.
The one's I had in mind were Bartin, Vettori, Patel, and Tastle.

But I was kidding in a WW kind of way.

Plus, Williamson is one of our four best "spinners".

TBH, Aus vs NZ would be an interesting match up at the moment.