Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathan Lyon deserves more respect

Quote Originally Posted by Cabinet96 View Post
    Calling it now, Lyon will be Australia's highest wicket taker in England.
    Presumably because the seamers will be getting dropped, injured, rotated etc.

The Lyon love-in and Swann hate on CW is laughable. Lyon has decent figures, but only because he keeps bowling at tailenders. Swann is miles ahead of him even if you exclude the batting/fielding, but the way many people on here go on you'd think it's neck and neck.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Banned
    Swann is definitely a far better spinner than Lyon...at this point. But Lyon is ahead of where Swann was at 25 years old.

And the comparison with Narine is apt. Although the Windies tweaker has averaged 48 with the ball in his first 5 Tests so is still a way behind Lyon as a Test bowler.

Narine has had a phenonemal start to his limited overs career. But it'll be interesting to see if he can adapt his style, which is certainly best suited to limited overs, to the toughest form of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Swan is the most monumentally over rated player on earth IMO. Has a couple of good years but is apparently brilliant because people think he's funny and because he has a stupid looking chin.
    Laughable

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    Will all the stereotypical VB drinking bogans change their minds on refugees if Fawad spins us to back-to-back Ashes victories?
    Probably should direct this at Uvelocity.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ronan View Post
    I actually just read a story on the Daily Mail website about how a small group of anti-refugee activists protested outside the MCG where he was playing today. This is the story:

Activists Picket Aussie Refugee Cricketer
    February 21, 2013
    By Stuart Shackleton

Australian anti-refugee activists today staged a protest against the selection in the Victorian cricket side of a Pakistani player who came to the country seeking asylum.

The small band of protestors gathered outside the Melbourne Cricket Ground on the last day of play between Queensland and Victoria, who had provided a State debut to Fawad Ahmed, 33, who succesfully sought asylum in Australia to escape persecution in Pakistan.

Police moved on the protestors, who were allegedly making inflammatory chants, including one in which they yelled in unison: "Cricket's for us, Cricket's for us, wear whites, be white and that's alright. Cricket's for you, Cricket's for you, as long as your Aussie and not some brown dude."

The officers also removed from one of the protestors a sign which read, "Shihad were a great band but Jihad is a bad plan."

Cricket Australia chief James Sutherland said he was shocked by the behaviour of the protestors who were "appalling in their discriminatory actions, despite their ability to craft a catchy slogan".

One Victorian fan who witnessed the protest described it as "really fully bad". "As far as I'm concerned it shouldn't matter where your'e from, if you can play cricket heaps good who cares if you are a different looking dark sort of fella."
    I searched the web and could not find this. A joke article? Anyway, the Shihad slogan made me lol whether it's real or not.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Probably should direct this at Uvelocity.
    dont drink vb ****
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ronan View Post
    I actually just read a story on the Daily Mail website about how a small group of anti-refugee activists protested outside the MCG where he was playing today. This is the story:

Activists Picket Aussie Refugee Cricketer
    February 21, 2013
    By Stuart Shackleton

Australian anti-refugee activists today staged a protest against the selection in the Victorian cricket side of a Pakistani player who came to the country seeking asylum.

The small band of protestors gathered outside the Melbourne Cricket Ground on the last day of play between Queensland and Victoria, who had provided a State debut to Fawad Ahmed, 33, who succesfully sought asylum in Australia to escape persecution in Pakistan.

Police moved on the protestors, who were allegedly making inflammatory chants, including one in which they yelled in unison: "Cricket's for us, Cricket's for us, wear whites, be white and that's alright. Cricket's for you, Cricket's for you, as long as your Aussie and not some brown dude."

The officers also removed from one of the protestors a sign which read, "Shihad were a great band but Jihad is a bad plan."

Cricket Australia chief James Sutherland said he was shocked by the behaviour of the protestors who were "appalling in their discriminatory actions, despite their ability to craft a catchy slogan".

One Victorian fan who witnessed the protest described it as "really fully bad". "As far as I'm concerned it shouldn't matter where your'e from, if you can play cricket heaps good who cares if you are a different looking dark sort of fella."
    Haven't heard a thing about that in any Aussie media tbh.

All the rednecks are up here tonight anyway to see Geert speak.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Banned
    Hahah yeah maybe I made it up I'm not sure... Shihad yo

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    lol at people thinking that was a real article.

Quality piece btw.

haha well played. captured the speech of victorians perfectly too

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by rvd619323 View Post
    Will all the stereotypical VB drinking bogans change their minds on refugees if Fawad spins us to back-to-back Ashes victories?
    If he'd got on a boat and threw away his passport he probably would have qualified by now. Which is both fair and compassionate I think.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Gets more than his fair share of 'respect' on CW. I'm not sure what the situation is with the general Australian public.

Don't think he's a very good bowler yet but it isn't hard to see him developing into one by simply playing more cricket.
    Mate he got a Michelle recently I think. For an Aussie spinner thats almost mythological. Get him in now!

Banned
    Lyon deserves no respect. And he won't get any from our boys today!!!!!

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Doesn't seem like you got any from the moderators today either.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information