• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brain of CW: Team Format

Howe_zat

Audio File
A bit of cricket quizzical action to distract us from the lack of Test cricket on right now.

Inspired by a low-budget affair I saw on BBC2 the other day, the purpose of Team Format is to provide a bit of game strategy and the chance to come up with some of those hil-arious team names I'm sure you're capable of.

There'll be 4 rounds of 10 questions, with each round on a specific category, e.g. "Tests before 1939", "World T20", or "The Life and Works of Jeetan Patel". Playing in teams of four, you'll have one nominated player answer privately each round. If your team does well, you'll have more players available for the final winner-take-all round, for which conferring will be allowed.

Details to come up when I'm asked or we need them. For now, I just need you to post your interest and start a few teams.

Keen Beans:

Pickup
Cabinet

Keen Beans with Teams:

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Interested. I'll leave the other more creative and humours folk to come up with teams names, however.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Keen Beans:

1. Pickup
2. Cabinet
3. Marcuss
4. AN
5. Jager
6. morgieb
7. ohnoitsyou
8. Coronis
9. smalishah

Need at least 3 more, another 4 on top of that would be ideal.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I can start it with 12 then - will give it a few more hours to see if I can get the 16, if not I'll put people into teams by drawing lots.