• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Which is what he has that Trott doesn't. I like Trott, but I just don't see what he can do to dictate accurate bowling and accelerate his inning. He's usually fine playing the quicks up top if there are a few bad balls, and milking the spinners in the middle, but he has no release shot.
It's difficult to argue against his average of 50, but to your point a SR <75 in this era is substandard. Perhaps the English selectors want him to play that sheet anchor role to compliment their stroke-makers in the middle order.

I can't help think having both Cook and Trott the your top 3 will limit England's ability for really big scores.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It's difficult to argue against his average of 50, but to your point a SR <75 in this era is substandard. Perhaps the English selectors want him to play that sheet anchor role to compliment their stroke-makers in the middle order.

I can't help think having both Cook and Trott the your top 3 will limit England's ability for really big scores.
I don't have an issue with his overall strike rate, especially given his average. However, today has been pretty frustrating for me. Every over in the lead up to the wicket Bell was charging down the pitch, searching for the big shot, while Trott couldn't get a move along. Given Bell was clearly batting better, Trott should've taken it on himself to take the pressure off Bell by increasing his scoring rate IMO.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
^ What happened? Did you break up with Skippy? ;)
:laugh:

Nah I was always a big fan of Franklin's bowling when he was actually a bowler. I waited for ages for him to bother actually bowling properly after he injured, then I gave up. :(

BUT IT'S BACK!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Back to mid 120s this over. Aint nobody got time for that, Jimmy.

Ahh 130 clicks again as I type this. Better. Was a pie though.