• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The good news for NZ is they're yet to lose a wicket this morning and have scored relatively briskly. The bad news is this wicket looks as good as it has all test from what I can see, so won't be easy to bowl England out in 4 & 1/2 sessions.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Very pleased with our start this morning, especially Fulton.

I see the forecast for today is slightly cooler than yesterday and slightly less humid (70% compared to 90%) so may not be quite as good for swing this afternoon. Will wait with baited breath.

BeeGee

International Captain
OK, I've changed my mind, we need 200 minimum. 220 would be perfect. This pitch looks so good for batting.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Realistically NZ have probably got enough runs. 200 minimum is pretty pessimistic, given it would require England smashing a world record chase by 20 runs.

Zinzan

What's McCullum like with declarations? Much chance of him throwing out a tempting target?
Can't see anything too tempting unless the pitch show signs of deteriorating. England are too good a batting side to set anything under 400, even without Pietersen.

Edit: Wonderful catch that, jeeeze England can field these days!

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Edit: Wonderful catch that, jeeeze England can field these days!
The amazing thing is, the same player has dropped everything that came his way when he tried out in the slips for one test last summer. Outfielding is superb but the slip catching leaves a lot to be desired.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson - biggest disappointment of the whole lot. needed a big series with no swann and broad and finn at turning points of career. the reason why he still averages 30 is this. too many average series'.
Although Anderson hasn't been at his best, he still has 10 wickets at 33 and has deserved most of those wickets.

I think you should extend the logic you applied for Cook to Anderson - he may be the best bowler but the support acts need to play their part to take the load of Anderson - Broad has been poor aside from one innings, Finn hasn't been good and Panesar has been completely unthreatening.

Uppercut

Realistically NZ have probably got enough runs. 200 minimum is pretty pessimistic, given it would require England smashing a world record chase by 20 runs.
I can definitely see them breaking the record if they have enough time. Won't have been too many flatter day five pitches.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Btw that completes a numbers-wise fairly forgettable series for Brownlie, though worth remembering he's lost his wicket both times this match trying to force the pace for the team's benefit. I get vague feelings that there may be a temptation to drop Brownlie from our congested middle order for Ronchi, Guptill, flavour-of-the-moment or perhaps Vettori. I really hope they resist that temptation - imo Brownlie adds some much-needed robustness to our middle order.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Btw that completes a numbers-wise fairly forgettable series for Brownlie, though worth remembering he's lost his wicket both times this match trying to force the pace for the team's benefit. I get vague feelings that there may be a temptation to drop Brownlie from our congested middle order for Ronchi, Guptill, flavour-of-the-moment or perhaps Vettori. I really hope they resist that temptation - imo Brownlie adds some much-needed robustness to our middle order.
Keeping the seat warm for Ryder, imo.