• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
F*cking stupid scheduling. They play the one day stuff during the best part of summer, where they need 2 nice days a week (and can play under lights), and play the games which needs 5 good days of weather in a row over the very end of Summer. And it's in Dunedin (most southern Test ground in the world I assume?). Knowing how cricket works, when it comes to Wellington it will probably ran 4 days in a row after 2 rainy days in the lasy month.
It probably will, but that's just bad luck I guess.

Hard to blame the scheduling really - Feb/March are often the best parts of summer, they usually want at least one South Island test and they still couldn't play in Christchurch could they?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, I remember I think during the Windies test in 2008 when Polo23 wouldn't shut up about how playing in Dunedin was stupid and that more tests should be played in Auckland because it had been sunny there for the last two days in a row.

Dunedin's had a lot of bad luck with weather since it became a test venue, but really that's all it is. The city has lower annual rainfall than most other cities in New Zealand. The issue is accentuated by the fact that the ground has relatively poor drainage too, though I hear it's been improved in the last couple of years.
That was definitely a big part of the problem. I sincerely hope you are right in saying that it's been improved.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
From cricinfo:
Down in Dunedin, it is still raining and the umpires are set to make a decision on the day at tea, which is coming up in 25 minutes.
So I'd take that as all-but confirmation that no cricket today. So annoying.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
If this turns out to be a four day Test that plays into NZ's hands if anything tbh. Their bowling is stronger than their batting so their best chance is a lowish scoring game anyway. And with expectations on England to clean up, they will be the team feeling under more pressure to make the play when batting, and this could potentially be their undoing. :ph34r:

...if NZ make it past the 3rd day that is

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
More rain forecast for days 3 and 4 too. Seriously what a joke. The driest summer in living memory, and then when it's time for test cricket this **** rolls in.

BeeGee

International Captain
More rain forecast for days 3 and 4 too. Seriously what a joke. The driest summer in living memory, and then when it's time for test cricket this **** rolls in.
Yeah, forecast looks bad. This Test is dead before the first ball is even bowled.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking forward to my Friday, Saturday and Sunday scheduled down at the University Oval. Geg - if you're around, it might be time for the pub. :ph34r:

Jezroy

State Captain
The elements conspired against them, but it was still a positive start to the series for McCullum's men.

Days of Grace

International Captain
After a glorious summer, the weather had earned the right to be poor in order to ensure McCullum's men earned a draw.

Last edited: