• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think he meant that you can catch up easily on a pitch like this.

I'd be looking to get Woakes on reasonably soon. Preferably he'd be bowled out before 40 overs for me.
He'll be on from Jimmeh's end though and I'd keep him going until he can't bowl anymore.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Enjoying Jeremy Coney and someone (name? Can't recognise the voice) on the radio.

Horrible start to the cricket by all accounts though. So shocked at being on the verge of a series win that we don't know what to do.

grecian

Nah, he's saying there's nothing wrong with the pitch. So a slow start could have been overcome.

Of course, being mental-nutcase NZ batsman, they panicked.
Ok, fair enough, but I'm glad we're keeping our opening bowlers for a long time, neither are particularly good at the end of the innings, and this score is putting pressure on the batsmen against the new bowlers.

Woakes now in.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd be looking to get Woakes on reasonably soon. Preferably he'd be bowled out before 40 overs for me.
I don't really disagree but you could say the same for Anderson and I don't think going into the 40 over mark with just Broad and Finn bowling 5 each straight is really a great idea; they'd get used to it.

Jarquis

I don't really disagree but you could say the same for Anderson and I don't think going into the 40 over mark with just Broad and Finn bowling 5 each straight is really a great idea; they'd get used to it.
Would genuinely rather Swann bowled the 41st and 43rd or something

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'd probably still leave a couple of overs of Swann, just for varieties sake. I still think Anderson is a better death bowler than Woakes though. He's slightly quicker, can get more reverse swing and is generally more accurate IMO.

I'd probably try and have something like this for the last 10 overs; 4 for Broad, 3 for Finn, 2 for Swann, 1 for Anderson. But obviously it depends on a variety of factors.