• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** England in New Zealand 2013

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
A bit early but I can't contain my excitement. England ODI and T20 Squads released today. Home and Away Series back to back means both sides will be sick of the sight of each other by June 2013. A couple of nice warmup games in picturesque locations.

Mon Feb 4 New Zealand XI v England XI
Cobham Oval (New), Whangarei

Wed Feb 6 New Zealand XI v England XI
Cobham Oval (New), Whangarei

Sat Feb 9
06:00 GMT | 19:00 local
06:00 GMT 1st T20I - New Zealand v England
Eden Park, Auckland

Tue Feb 12
06:00 GMT 2nd T20I - New Zealand v England
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Fri Feb 15
06:00 GMT 3rd T20I - New Zealand v England
Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Sun Feb 17
01:00 GMT | 14:00 local
01:00 GMT 1st ODI - New Zealand v England
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Wed Feb 20
01:00 GMT 2nd ODI - New Zealand v England
McLean Park, Napier

Sat Feb 23
01:00 GMT 3rd ODI - New Zealand v England
Eden Park, Auckland

Wed Feb 27 - Sat Mar 2
21:30 GMT
(prev day) | 10:30 local
21:30 GMT -1d New Zealand XI v England XI
Queenstown Events Centre

Wed Mar 6 - Sun Mar 10
21:30 GMT -1d 1st Test - New Zealand v England
University Oval, Dunedin

Thu Mar 14 - Mon Mar 18
21:30 GMT -1d 2nd Test - New Zealand v England
Basin Reserve, Wellington

Fri Mar 22 - Tue Mar 26
21:30 GMT -1d 3rd Test - New Zealand v England
Eden Park, Auckland

England named their squads for ODI and T20's today.

England T20 squad

Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire, captain)
Jonny Bairstow(Yorkshire)
Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire)
Danny Briggs (Hampshire)
Jos Buttler (Somerset)
Jade Dernbach (Surrey)
Steven Finn (Middlesex)
Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire)
Michael Lumb (Nottinghamshire)
Stuart Meaker (Surrey)
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
Samit Patel (Nottinghamshire)
James Tredwell (Kent)
Luke Wright (Sussex)

England ODI squad

Alastair Cook (Essex, captain)
James Anderson (Lancashire)
Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire)
Ian Bell (Warwickshire)
Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire)
Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire)
Jos Buttler (Somerset)
Steven Finn (Middlesex)
Craig Kieswetter (Somerset)
Eoin Morgan (Middlesex)
Samit Patel (Nottinghamshire)
Graeme Swann (Nottinghamshire)
James Tredwell (Kent)
Jonathan Trott (Warwickshire)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

England Lions squad to Australia

Joe Root (Yorkshire, captain)
Gary Ballance (Yorkshire)
Scott Borthwick (Durham)
Danny Briggs (Hampshire)
Varun Chopra (Warwickshire)
Matthew Coles (Kent)
Ben Foakes (Essex)
Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire)
James Harris (Middlesex)
Simon Kerrigan (Lancashire)
Toby Roland-Jones (Middlesex)
Ben Stokes (Durham)
James Taylor (Nottinghamshire)
Reece Topley (Essex)
Chris Wright (Warwickshire)

Interestingly the Lions tour to Australia goes on at the same time as the New Zealand T20 and ODI series and their last ODI is 4 days before the start of the first test which is interesting given Root's inclusion.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will be watching the carnage at the Dunedin and Wellington tests. Hoping for a NZ win, but will take Hesson being sacked as an acceptable alternative.

grecian

Looks like they've definitely decided Jos is the 'keeper for t20.

Woakes dismissal seems odd, what if he did brilliantly in the ODIs in New Zealand? Or are they just not going to play him? Dirtbag left out of the ODI squad too, but he'sw probably just being rested:@

Tricia McMillan

U19 Captain
You may not be able to contain your excitement, but as a New Zealand fan, I can.

Not that there's much to contain considering recent events...

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm personally hoping that Woakes is in the test squad, hence him not being in the Lions squad. But I'm still surprised he isn't in the ODI's and T20I's. If you're not going to play him in New Zealand where are you going to play him?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm personally hoping that Woakes is in the test squad, hence him not being in the Lions squad.
Yeah but Root is in the Lions squad.

The only thing I can think of is that they're happy for him to play for Wellington in preparation for the Tests.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but Root is in the Lions squad.

The only thing I can think of is that they're happy for him to play for Wellington in preparation for the Tests.
Root getting experience on Aussie pitches ahead of next winter I presume. Wouldn't be a shock if he misses last game to join up with the test squad in New Zealand.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unless New Zealand want to only make England bat thrice, Ryder, Taylor, Vettori and Southee have to play.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
No Swann in the T20 or Pietersen in either.

ECB managing their workloads, they just CBF or selectors looking at other options, do we think?

Or any combo thereof?

grecian

tbf, Onions is a far better bowler than the Surrey boys. And Stokes really should be blooded as an ODI player - he has the potential to be a quality player for England.
Actually think Mustard was a decent t20 player too, not as good as Jos though, so it's obviously redundant now:wub:

Not sure Onions is an ODI player, but yeah he's better than Dirtbag and Beaker.

grecian

No Swann in the T20 or Pietersen in either.

ECB managing their workloads, they just CBF or selectors looking at other options, do we think?

Or any combo thereof?
Well, I think they want to get Swann fully recovered from his shoulder thingy. A lot of important tests to come, and the Kiwi one's too.

Yet it'll be good to see Bairstow and Buttler get a run of games, in the 50 over stuff.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I'm fine with no Woakes in ODI and T20. He probably deserves a test squad place. I'd go with him over Bresnan. Given his first class career it would be harsh to continually overlook him especially when Bresnan has performed as he has in recent times. I don't particularly think Woakes will succeed at test level but there has to be some kind of reward for continued excellence in the first class game - he deserves a chance to prove whether he is good enough.

As always the Lions squad is probably more interesting than the full squads for English fans. It's interesting that Foakes is already the Lions wicketkeeper (no other WK in the squad) given he's only played 5 first class games and no ODI games. Must be rated highly- shame he is stuck behind Foster and Wheater at Essex. He is the second Wicketkeeper batsmen to do well out of the u19 world cup with De Kock making his international debut last week. Topley from the U19's also makes the squad, It will be an important tour for all those playing given the ashes and then the world cup are in consecutive years in Aus.

Englands ODI squad looks its normal boring self.