• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar Retires From ODI Cricket

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Mixed feelings. Glad that he has quit because he was past it, and was not going to be part of the next world cup plans. But boy, if ever "end of an era" meant anything to me, it's now. Make no mistake, the 50 over format was (and probably still is) the most popular format in India. We grew up on Tendulkar's ODI exploits as much as we grew up on lessons learnt in schools. What a player, so many memories. I am not even going to attempt list my favourite knocks because there are so so many.

Blessed to have followed almost all of Tendulkar's ODI career. About the right time to have been born in India. Thanks, great man!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
would have definitely had packed houses for the pak games if he had played those.

Still can't believe it... Or don't want to believe it rather

:(:(:(
mixed feelings. Glad that he has quit because he was past it, and was not going to be part of the next world cup plans. But boy, if ever "end of an era" meant anything to me, it's now. Make no mistake, the 50 over format was (and probably still is) the most popular format in india. We grew up on tendulkar's odi exploits as much as we grew up on lessons learnt in schools. What a player, so many memories. I am not even going to attempt list my favourite knocks because there are so so many.

Blessed to have followed almost all of tendulkar's odi career. About the right time to have been born in india. Thanks, great man!
awta. :(

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is good news for me, think it will give himself the best chance of returning to some form in test matches instead of finishing off mediocre in both formats.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Little bit of me says this, another bit wonders what else he has to give?
I still feel he can score runs against the Aussies, despite his recent form. Don't think he will play against SA in SA but I want him to play the Aussies. It's unfortunate that India don't play any more test matches after the Aus series until the end of the year.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great player. Wonderful career. Hope he ends his test career in improved form.

Xuhaib

International Coach
should have retired after 2011 WC anyways the greatest ODI batsman I have even seen.Wish he had alteast played Pakistan series.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, 2011 world cup should have been the end of his career in all formats. Hasn't done too much since then.

abmk

State 12th Man
Yes, 2011 world cup should have been the end of his career in all formats. Hasn't done too much since then.
that is only in retrospect .......

He should've retired from ODIs at the end of the WC , but continued on in tests ....

He had just played one of his best test innings - 146 vs SA - in his last test before the WC ....

-------

Anyways farewell to the greatest ODI player of all time ...... been a privilege to watch many of his fantastic innings .....

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Man feel so sad. End of an era really. Grew up watching him bashing attacks. Will never forget the Sharjah centuries, the Pakistan 98 and the 175 against Australia. All great innings. :(

Satyanash89

Banned
The 98 vs Pak in the world cup is pretty much the best odi knock ive ever seen... every single boundary he hit in that innings was orgasmic :wub: