Cricket Player Manager
Page 42 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 1638

Thread: **Official** Pakistan in India

  1. #616
    International Debutant shankar's Avatar
    3 Card Poker Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Ashwin to top score??
    Ooh forgot we have Ashwin here. He'll save us.

  2. #617
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,012
    So anyways, why the **** is Rohit Sharma still playing ODIs?

    Last six innings, 4, 4, 4, 0, 0, 5.

    Doesn't finish the innings well, doesn't anchor during chases, doesn't build partnerships, doesn't dig us out of trouble, doesn't even bowl part time filth. Adds absolutely nothing to the team.
    Last edited by Daemon; 29-12-2012 at 11:30 PM.

  3. #618
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,140
    They were showing Sachin Tendulkar walk out at Chennai from a few years ago, how dearly would India love to have that man back in the side.

    Really though India have only themselves to blame, definitely some good bowling but Sehwag and Gambhir in particular were trash. Kohli and Yuvi got some pretty neat deliveries.

    That said India can still make a decent total out of this, Ashwin probably has a better technique than most of the top order batsmen, and Dhoni and Raina are still solid bats in limited overs cricket.

  4. #619
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    13,012
    Dhoni to score a matchwinning 83*.


  5. #620
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    So anyways, why the **** is Rohit Sharma still playing ODIs?

    Last six innings, 4, 4, 4, 0, 0, 5.

    Doesn't finish the innings well, doesn't anchor during chases, doesn't build partnerships, doesn't dig us out of trouble, doesn't even bowl part time filth. Adds absolutely nothing to the team.
    Been saying this for about 2 years now, massively overrated player. I don't want to criticize him in this particular match too much since the rest of our bats haven't done **** either, but he shouldn't be anywhere near our limited overs side. Maybe test matches, but I don't understand why we keep picking him. He's no better than Jadeja with the bat, and Jedeja is a solid bowler and a much much better fielder.

  6. #621
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,140
    Mohammad Irfan's fielding

  7. #622
    International Debutant shankar's Avatar
    3 Card Poker Champion!
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Kohli and Yuvi got some pretty neat deliveries.
    Both played terrible shots. Amazing that after all these failures over the past year, the response of these players to a wicket with some movement is still to fluke their way out playing shot a minute.

  8. #623
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by shankar View Post
    Both played terrible shots. Amazing that after all these failures over the past year, the response of these players to a wicket with some movement is still to fluke their way out playing shot a minute.
    Eh I dunno, I suppose they would have been better off defending than attempting to play a shot, but I felt the deliveries they received were slightly more difficult than the openers, Sehwag in particular payed a totally loose shot. Gambhir idk wtf he was doing.

    Anyways doesn't matter, they're all out and they all deserve to be out.

    Meanwhile Pak's fast bowlers are losing a bit of steam, time to bring on spin IMO.

  9. #624
    State Regular CricAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    Been saying this for about 2 years now, massively overrated player. I don't want to criticize him in this particular match too much since the rest of our bats haven't done **** either, but he shouldn't be anywhere near our limited overs side. Maybe test matches, but I don't understand why we keep picking him. He's no better than Jadeja with the bat, and Jedeja is a solid bowler and a much much better fielder.
    would have liked this post if there was a 'like' button here. But will like it in CW terms as below.

    'This'

  10. #625
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    22,035
    16 extras out of that score of 65
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

    Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

  11. #626
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    22,035
    last 5 overs 30/0....that is pretty good....

    Dhoni is an awesome ODI player.....

    deserves to be in the AT ODI XI ahead of gilchrist

  12. #627
    International Captain ankitj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad India
    Posts
    6,357
    Yeah, what happened to Manoj Tiwary? Played a good knock in last ODI where Rohit crapped hard. 5th ODI: Sri Lanka v India at Pallekele, Aug 4, 2012 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

  13. #628
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,506
    Yuvraj's shot was awful. Ball was coming in to the right handers. Means its going away to the left hander. But nah, plays inside the line of the ball and tries to glance it.

  14. #629
    International Vice-Captain Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Yeah, what happened to Manoj Tiwary? Played a good knock in last ODI where Rohit crapped hard. 5th ODI: Sri Lanka v India at Pallekele, Aug 4, 2012 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
    India Cricket News: Manoj Tiwary ruled out for six weeks | ESPN Cricinfo

    Unfortunate really.

  15. #630
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    22,035
    good bowling but I don't see Pakistan chasing anything over 150 on this pitch

Page 42 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. India Pakistan Slug-fest !!
    By SJS in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-08-2009, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •