• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Howsie

International Captain
1. Guptill
2. McCullum
3. Williamson
4. Brownlie
5. Flynn
6. Watling
7. Franklin

Is all but confirmed now I suppose. God I hope Franklin can score some runs, I'd glady take that over seeing Colin ****ing Munro pick up a test cap.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Ok, correct me if im wrong, and i havent searched the whole thread for this, but the Sa v NZ tests arent being broadcast, even in SA? Host broadcaster has declined to telecast,not worth their effort, apparently.

Meridio

International Regular
Pretty disappointing bowling effort so far, though I suppose you could argue that it's the bowlers getting overs under their belt that counts. Feel a bit for Bruce Martin, it's his first NZ tour and he's only bowled 4 overs - a 3 over spell and then one before lunch. Has gone for 24 in those overs, but you think you'd give a new bowler, particularly a spinner, the chance to settle, no?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ok, correct me if im wrong, and i havent searched the whole thread for this, but the Sa v NZ tests arent being broadcast, even in SA? Host broadcaster has declined to telecast,not worth their effort, apparently.
They'll still be shown on SuperSport. It's just not on FTA anymore, which is sad in a lot of ways.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Wagner's on its an 50 over old ball - but somehow he has to take a wicket if he wants into test cricket, Dig deep young man.

BeeGee

International Captain
Pretty disappointing bowling effort so far, though I suppose you could argue that it's the bowlers getting overs under their belt that counts. Feel a bit for Bruce Martin, it's his first NZ tour and he's only bowled 4 overs - a 3 over spell and then one before lunch. Has gone for 24 in those overs, but you think you'd give a new bowler, particularly a spinner, the chance to settle, no?
Amla to set a new Test batting record?

After this series NZ and SL will probably be demoted to a Test second division with Zim and the Bangas. Should be a good contest between those four.

Meridio

International Regular
Amla to set a new Test batting record?

After this series NZ and SL will probably be demoted to a Test second division with Zim and the Bangas. Should be a good contest between those four.
Hopefully not, but can definitely see Amla (and Kallis and Smith...) scoring an ****load of runs this series. Reckon we'll be almost entirely relying on Boult picking them up early; can't really see us taking wickets once the ball loses its shine.

As for the second point; well, given how little test cricket we play compared to everyone else, you could probably argue we're already in a second division.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
1. Guptill
2. McCullum
3. Williamson
4. Brownlie
5. Flynn
6. Watling
7. Franklin

Is all but confirmed now I suppose. God I hope Franklin can score some runs, I'd glady take that over seeing Colin ****ing Munro pick up a test cap.

Yeah I'm happy with this line-up.

I'm not worried about the bowlers. They will take wickets.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Firdose Moonda ‏@FirdoseM
@PlunketPromise Best bowler today was Boult. But of the spinners, Patel. Tough btwn the other two. Wagner was unlucky, Martin himself

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
well, at least McCullum is opening, and they've gone for a direct replacement of Taylor rather than changing around the rest of the order.
Yeah it's the best lineup from the squad available but I don't know if "happy with it" really does the situation justice.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What are the odds on NZ winning a test? I just feel they could randomly fluke something for whatever reason.