Page 4 of 284 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
    Ah okay. Haven't been following the first class circuit that closely and they haven't played a test there for what feels like centuries. What I do know is that the ODI I did watch there turned out to be (what was then) a record chase.

Been low ODI scores at St George's this season but can't look too much into that.

Another major factor is dealing with the wind there.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    In all seriousness I expect the NZ bowling attacks to do quite well. Their batsmen are going to get ripped to shreds however
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Garson007 View Post
    Ah okay. Haven't been following the first class circuit that closely and they haven't played a test there for what feels like centuries. What I do know is that the ODI I did watch there turned out to be (what was then) a record chase.
    They haven't played a Test there since 2007, when WI won.

U19 Cricketer
    NZ are going to get a smack I'm afraid.

They might win a T20 or ODI or two, but they are going to get hammered.

There are also three SA-born players in the various squads, Watling, Wagner, and Munro.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Hopefully NZ pick Wagner. Ex-saffies always seem to do amazing against their home country

SA assistant coach, Russell Domingo, to look after the T20 stuff vs NZL & PAK. Going down a similar route as the English.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 07-12-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NasserFan207 View Post
    Hopefully NZ pick Wagner. Ex-saffies always seem to do amazing against their home country
    Which the test averages of Trott, Prior, Strauss and KP against South Africa donít illustrate. Kruger van Wyk was also a roaring success against South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    SA assistant coach, Russell Domingo, to look after the T20 stuff vs NZL & PAK. Going down a similar route as the English.
    Should have got a new captain as well. AB was a disaster in the World 20/20.

International Vice-Captain Howsie's Avatar
    Christ, that didn't take Anderson long at all did it. Two months of cricket where he's fully healthy and he's playing international cricket. Big call but I wouldn't be shocked to see him playing test cricket within six months if he stays fit.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

International 12th Man
    Hopefully not. He's bloody average.

And Anderson has to be one of the most unexpected and undeserved selections I can remember. Bowled a total of 3 overs in domestic T20, averages 16 or something with the bat. Reward for staying fit for a few days in a row. I'd be surprised if he played Test cricket in the next 3 years - he's nowhere near it.
    Last edited by SteveNZ; 07-12-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Yeah. Not impressed at all with the Anderson selection.

Neesham and Munro having good Plunket Shield seasons, and both had good LO performances last season.

Eliis out injured, Oram going through the motions. I understand them picking young allrounders to fill those gaps.

But I can only assume Anderson is in for the unavailable Taylor, as a wild last minute undeserved hail mary selection.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    Hopefully not. He's bloody average.
    This.

Indeed, I think van Wyk would have done ok for that reason and the pitches would have suited his game more. Although I can understand the selection of Watling.

I wouldn't mind if another ex saffa, Grant Elliot was recalled for the ODI series - he showed some form in the T20 game last night for Wellington. Another who might do well on those pitches. I still remember his brilliant century at the MCG against Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Christ, that didn't take Anderson long at all did it. Two months of cricket where he's fully healthy and he's playing international cricket. Big call but I wouldn't be shocked to see him playing test cricket within six months if he stays fit.
    Interesting. He's been ear marked for a long time. IIRC he toured with NZ A when he was 18 (instead of touring England with the under 19's which Williamson captained) and did pretty well. Hugely talented, I think he will handle the step up.
    Last edited by jcas0167; 07-12-2012 at 04:48 PM.

Chris Martin to break his all time high score in the first test with 13 not out.

Rest of the order to collapse for about 150. The test series is going to be tough.
    Boult to Mathews, OUT, Caught at second slip! It was a length ball going across Angelo, who tried to hit it hard towards the leg side and got an outside edge that flew fast towards Guptill, who took a reflex catch in front of his face

Page 4 of 284 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information