• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Ffs, stop ****ing backing away

Overall, that second innings takes our overall performance rating from "diabolically disasterous" to the giddy heights of "****ing terrible". Well played brownlie and BJ. Oh and Captain Intent deserves a mention too.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
What an appalling shot. Just screams "I don't give a ****".

Dropping offence, surely?
**** no.

missing straight balls/wafting at deliveries outside off/being a **** opener/etc far worse than the spinner playing a **** shot to the most intimidating fast bowler in the world.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
nah seriously Philander, Kallis, Steyn.

I mean this NZ team is ****ing ****, but seriously gotta pay tribute to Kallis, Steyn and Philander.

really, all of them are pushing into that legendary status

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Why do they call Martin the "phantom"?

Just put a red dot on his "hair band" and call him MR kamikaze.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I blame McCullum.
I think the chain of scapegoatage goes

Mike Hesson - for being an allround ****, though he may prove to be untouchable
James Franklin - although he plays only a bit part he does that bit part incredibly poorly
Chris Martin - because everyone knows when the batting fails it's best to drop a bowler

Have to give McCullum the benefit of the doubt whether he deserves it or not

Meridio

International Regular
Better effort in the second innings, but that's not really much consolation after being rolled for 45.

For the second test, Franklin has to go - off the top of my head Munro is the only other batsman over there, so he comes in. He'll be ****, but hopefully he can get something out of it. Martin's figures look alright this test, but he's way, way past it and looks completely innocuous - Wagner should come in. Patel's also had a **** test, but being the only spinner he'll likely be retained. Guptill obviously also awful, but there's no one else that could come in for him. It's a pity, I like Guptill and admire his attitude to the game, but he just hasn't performed at all since the WI tour.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Better effort in the second innings, but that's not really much consolation after being rolled for 45.

For the second test, Franklin has to go - off the top of my head Munro is the only other batsman over there, so he comes in. He'll be ****, but hopefully he can get something out of it. Martin's figures look alright this test, but he's way, way past it and looks completely innocuous - Wagner should come in. Patel's also had a **** test, but being the only spinner he'll likely be retained. Guptill obviously also awful, but there's no one else that could come in for him. It's a pity, I like Guptill and admire his attitude to the game, but he just hasn't performed at all since the WI tour.
Bruce Martin is also there ftr if you really do want to drop Jeets.

Mike5181

International Captain

1. Martin Guptill
2. Brendon McCullum
3. Kane Williamson
4. Dean Brownlie
5. Daniel Flynn
6. BJ Watling+
7. Colin Munro
8. Neil Wagner
9. Doug Bracewell
10. Jeetan Patel
11. Trent Boult

Doubt Martin will be dropped.