Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Ross Taylor likely to be shafted from the captaincy?

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsyou View Post
    So Buchanan is now a good guy, after being the enemy for making Wright quit
    I do find this pretty funny myself. Enemy of my enemy and all that

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Bond is a good bloke and all, but this was written weeks ago and really doesn't contain any more information than what a halfwit could have seen through Hesson's bull****.
    Agree it's not new information from where we rabid NZ cricket followers sit, but a casual fan who just likes a bit of cricket now again could be forgiven for glancing at this schamozzle and thinking there were two reasonable sides to this story, and maybe even believing some of what Hesson and White say because they haven't looked into it further.

Bond is someone who is widely respected and has integrity, so this leaked letter from him should hopefully help to clear up any misconception amongst the casual fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    I pity the poor fools who get him after you lot.
    Doubt even Kenya would take him back after this. That's part of the problem actually - Hesson would know that his career in coaching is completely and utterly dead unless he can hang onto the NZ job for another 2-3 years, get some moderate results and people begin to forget what has taken place.

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Doubt even Kenya would take him back after this. That's part of the problem actually - Hesson would know that his career in coaching is completely and utterly dead unless he can hang onto the NZ job for another 2-3 years, get some moderate results and people begin to forget what has taken place.
    Not just a career in coaching, i bet that he couldn't even get a job in a supermarket (or any other job) if he loses this one.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Shane Bond on the latest shambles:

"I want to go on record saying that I met with Mike Hesson several weeks ago, we have discussed the content of the letter, and put it behind us.

"We have developed a good working relationship during this tour and are working closely together to make this team better. I want to keep working hard with the other support staff so can improve the performance of the team. As far as I'm concerned we have dealt with the matter, it has been put behind us and I won't be making any further comment."
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    Shane Bond on the latest shambles:

"I want to go on record saying that I met with Mike Hesson several weeks ago, we have discussed the content of the letter, and put it behind us.

"We have developed a good working relationship during this tour and are working closely together to make this team better. I want to keep working hard with the other support staff so can improve the performance of the team. As far as I'm concerned we have dealt with the matter, it has been put behind us and I won't be making any further comment."

So they got to Bond as well. Maybe they threatened his wife or children. Anyway, the last obstacle has been silenced. White and Hesson are safe for the next 20 years. History will be rewritten and we will forget all about this.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

Waiting VoltmanSmudge's comments on the Hesson-McCullum axis.
    I love the fact you are hanging on my every word. It makes me feel wanted.

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    I love the fact you are hanging on my every word. It makes me feel wanted.
    Gah! And he still doesn't comment!
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Gah! And he still doesn't comment!

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Hesson will apparently come clean in a two hour special on Oprah next week.

Box office.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Exit pursuing a beer

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    I personally wish the bond letter hadn't been published. I already knew Hesson was a liar. I just found that it re-stirred my emotions which I thought I had moved on from.

Anyway Hendrix I think published an excellent link that stated that the board has called a special general meeting for early in the year where everyone will be up for re-election. So that was good of them for doing that if nothing else. Lets hope some good honest people run for election.

If this was happening in the states by the way the fans might be able to act by holding the board accountable to their charter with its governing rules upon which it was founded and taking legal action.
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Does anyone thing an absolute stuffing (say as in SA) from England in the upcoming series might see Hesson gone? Or is he now untouchable in the eyes of NZC?

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LegionOfBrad View Post
    Does anyone thing an absolute stuffing (say as in SA) from England in the upcoming series might see Hesson gone? Or is he now untouchable in the eyes of NZC?
    I would say that losing the england series will not see him fired.

More to Bond's letter than what has been published, according to this article: Skyfall Looms Over Bond Letter - cricket - sport | Stuff.co.nz.

Suspect it's highly critical of the entire NZ Cricket organisation, from the administration through to the players; so, of course, White et al will sweep it under the carpet rather than actually do anything.

Meanwhile, this from the NZ Herald sounds a bit more promising: Cricket: Parker and pals set to pad up - Sport - NZ Herald News. Am particularly liking the "Sources told the Herald on Sunday a meticulous dossier is being compiled covering NZC actions and blunders of recent years" bit.

Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread Information