View Poll Results: Who will have greater success on the international stage?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starc

21 42.00%
  • Boult

26 52.00%
  • excorcisms for everyone

3 6.00%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Starc vs Boult - who will have the better career?

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    Wagner is terrible.
    Nah every once in a while he produces a ripper spell between his usual filth. Which kind of makes him an older Starc

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sphynx View Post
    Back off topic slightly, didn't want to start a new thread, probably the best place for it:

Was an article in the paper (I'll try to find it) with an interview with Cummins today.

Said the fracture will be completely closed up in 3 weeks.

Has knocked back an IPL contract, and has told CA that he's not to be selected for T20 or ODI's, he's focusing only on red ball cricket from now on (fantastic attitude from the 19 year old).

He's been ruled out of India, because he won't be playing any shield cricket before Febuary.

He's going over to England to play grade cricket (lol), and some county cricket, to prepare for the Ashes in England which is his no.1 focus atm.

He said, he's going to try and bowl as many overs as possible in the English grade system, to build up his fitness, before hitting the county circuit (good luck to those blokes).

He admited he's unlikely to play all the games, but probably be more of an "impact" bowler, essentially playing every second test......

I thought he would be aiming for the home series, if he's fit for England, it's another dimension to the attack imo...
    Depends of course on him being selected. Guess they could take him and Harris and play them in alternate tests though.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoitsyou View Post
    Nah every once in a while he produces a ripper spell between his usual filth. Which kind of makes him an older Starc
    I'm tempted to say that this is on seaming wickets and/or against substandard batsmen.

When I watched him against the West Indies his seam presentation was horrible and he got no swing or deviation off the pitch.

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I'm tempted to say that this is on seaming wickets and/or against substandard batsmen.

When I watched him against the West Indies his seam presentation was horrible and he got no swing or deviation off the pitch.
    Yeah his seam presentation is filth, but most Otago supporters i have talked to swear that he gets nearly as much swing as Timmeh and Boult, and apparently is the best reverse-swinger in the country. But then he bowled **** at slow pace in his "ideal conditions" on the WI tour so who knows.

Edit: The bowling conditions were not the greatest in the WI if i remember correctly, but we should get a look at him in one of the tests
    Last edited by ohnoitsyou; 21-12-2012 at 07:50 PM.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Both of these players coming along very nicely..................

And I dare say some of those calling Starc trash earlier in thread might be a little more quiet, he's probably one of the best short format bowlers in the world at present.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    No-one was calling Starc trash iirc, they just said he had bowled plenty of trash up to that stage which was true.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Shiny new toy for Boult; swinging it both ways now. It'll be interesting to see how wisely he uses that.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    To me Boult looks head and shoulders above the rest of the NZ bowlers. Hope he stays fit as he could end up a very very good bowler.

Boult looks much better for mine, Starc is dangerous in shorter formats and on up/down pitches but Boult is far more accurate and gets movement more consistently.
    There are two colours in my head

Sugarealm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Starc exponentially less likely to spontaneously snap in half mid-pitch for mine.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Junaid is better than both.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Starc exponentially less likely to spontaneously snap in half mid-pitch for mine.
    Wrong way around?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    He's from NZ. No matter the injury history, NZ quicks have a bad end....

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    TC raises a good point.

Starc's action and body appear more suited to a long career than Boult's. Touch wood, Boult has been pretty good since his almost continuous injuries from 2008 - 2010. Long may it continue and please don't let this be a jinx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

I don't get it. Boult has a nice easy action and is by all accounts the fittest player in the team.

He's slowly putting on muscle and is not as skinny as he was a couple of years ago.

I see no reason to predict injury.

I actually think him being slight is an advantage. Less stress on his joints. Bigger guys are much more likely to get injured IMO.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information