Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Cricketer...

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar

Your Favourite Cricketer...

Sorry if there's a similar thread. In my mind, favorite cricketer doesn't necessarily have to be among the best in the world, he might be someone who we dearly love(d) watching or admire.

My favorite cricket is Mohammad Rafique mainly because I think some memories of my childhood connected with him. When I was growing up and getting into Cricket, he was the one who I loved watching most- either bowling or batting. I met with him several times, he's a great guy and absolute fun to talk to.

Who is your favorite cricketer of all time? Let me make it tougher, you have to name one!
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer mightymariner's Avatar
    Tim Bresnan.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I got into cricket pretty late so I don't really have any 'childhood heroes', but around the same time I started following the game, Dale Steyn had just begun to wreak havoc on New Zealand. Still remember reading about his 10 wicket haul and hitting one of the NZers on the chest, then proceeding to browse through all Youtube videos of his. He's probably my favourite now.

I used to really love Irfan Pathan though, especially after I watched his hat trick live. I didn't care about how his stats were padded and how he was vastly overrated because I was just a casual observer. All I knew was that hat trick was the single most awesome moment in cricket I had witnessed up till that point, and it's what got me into following Test cricket more closely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x_IONTok4o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdt3PFngB9o
    Last edited by Daemon; 14-11-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Banned
    Have a soft spot for Rahul Dravid coz he's an ATG bat, a perfect gentleman, and genuinely so, so nice to talk to. One of the few cricketers ive actually had the pleasure of meeting and the only one who i loved instantly. After the England tour last year when he carried himself with utmost dignity and still somehow managed to poke fun at how badly India had played, my affection for him reached an almost at a man-crush level.

Apart from him, Tendulkar, obviously coz his career spans my whole life. Chennai 1999 was one of the first matched i watched live at a venue. Could feel Tendulkar's disappointment after nearly inning it , that too with a bad back. What a hero.
    Couldnt control my tears when we lost, but was part of a crowd which applauded Pakistan's lap of honor. Best. Moment. Ever. and its perfectly embedded in my memory forever.

Azharuddin was my favorite and my earliest hero ... until it all came crashing down one tragic day. Bastard broke my heart

Kumble for dismissing Lara with a broken jaw, taking a 10-fer, heroics in Australia in 2003-04

...and Lara coz id watch that guy play over anyone else

I'm sorry, there's just way too many, i should just stop now before it gets out of hand
    Last edited by Satyanash89; 14-11-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    no marks for guessing who my favorite cricketer is

have awesome childhood and teen memories associated with him

That awesome run up and leap at the crease. Bringing the world cup and touring with it to collect funds for the cancer hospital. Imran seemed regal as I was growing up. WAG

Also have Wasim, Viv and Shane Warne as people that I really loved watching and were my favorites

Last edited by smalishah84; 14-11-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Seen live- Mark Waugh, Lara, Gower and Warne.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar

the others in my list
    Last edited by smalishah84; 14-11-2012 at 10:14 AM.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar

Cricket Spectator
    Ponting..

Let alone the batting..dude's the most under-rated fielder ever..

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I got into cricket because of Waqar, so it has to be him.

Quote Originally Posted by mightymariner View Post
    Tim Bresnan.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Graham Thorpe

U19 Debutant
    Kapil Dev..wow what a superstar ..Tendulkar for his obvious genius mainly 89-2003 ..These two are absolute favorites ..

Not usually one for posting pictures of my favourite cricketer, but if everyone else is going to do it:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information