• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yep; he's got a really good technique against pace and swing. He's not as good a player of spin as the blokes who bat 3 to 5 and he's had some struggles batting with the tail effectively, so of course he bats number six...
:laugh:

so true though.

He's dealing wonderfully with Southee.

Days of Grace

International Captain
if we bowl them out relatively quickly I'd be tempted to bat for a session to give the bowlers a rest then come back at them fresh for the final two or so days
New Zealand would probably only bat for a session in the second dig anyway.:ph34r:

Really think we need to set the New Zealand default third innings score at 150 and work from there.

That means we'd want at least a 150 run lead on the first innings to give ourselves a chance of defending something around 300.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Jeets on. At least for tonight, I really want to see him bowl a more attacking line. This first over isn't looking promising.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Jeets is the key to getting Mathews out early and really putting Sri Lanka in the mire. I really like this bowling change but as Bahnz pointed out, his role here is quite different to the one he's played to a reasonable standard of late so he needs to needs to toss it up outside off. That last ball he bowled in that first over should be his stock ball for this spell.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It seems like the umpire's have decided it's too dark for pace, but either way this is a waste of the swinging ball.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good fielding to keep the pressure on, if nothing else.

First Tastle over as expected - a few flighted balls on target and a couple of pies (that the batsman missed out on)