• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
second. first guy was a batsman down at 10 due to a sticky wicket. so pretty different circumstances

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First ever on debut
I reckon when the stattos get hold of this innings, and examine it in depth, it'll be breaking all sorts of records.

Amazing thing about sport, the most unpromising of matches can give you unique achievements.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Not to forget Marmadoola tho, seems like he loves playing with the tail. But still, he should bat way up - Shakib should bat lower IMO. PEWS should totally love this :p

And what ever happened to Shakib btw?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not to forget Marmadoola tho, seems like he loves playing with the tail. But still, he should bat way up - Shakib should bat lower IMO. PEWS should totally love this :p

It seems strange that he was brilliant as a one man band making the team semi respectable singlehandedly but since some of the others have improved and started joining in he seems to have gone backwards. Wonder whether he is carrying an injury in this series or just out of form?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It seems strange that he was brilliant as a one man band making the team semi respectable singlehandedly but since some of the others have improved and started joining in he seems to have gone backwards. Wonder whether he is carrying an injury in this series or just out of form?

Hey he got 89 last match:)

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

Mullah bats way too low yeah; Shakib should bat at 6 in tests I think

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Yeah its prolly his knee injury tbf - doing ok tbh, but still poor by his own standards.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh picking 10 batsmen to give them a chance of scoring over 300 and it works. Only problem with the tactic is I don't see this side taking 20 wickets. But you never know I guess. Runs on board are still runs on the board.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bangladesh picking 10 batsmen to give them a chance of scoring over 300 and it works. Only problem with the tactic is I don't see this side taking 20 wickets. But you never know I guess. Runs on board are still runs on the board.
Haha Abul was picked as a bowler. He doesn't even bat above nine in Bangladesh domestic cricket; I doubt his batting was even the tiniest factor in his selection at all.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea - I mean the sample size is so small as to be almost irrelevant - but his averages of 21, 9 and 5 in FC, List 20 and T20Is does not point to a guy who was picked for batting at all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yea - I mean the sample size is so small as to be almost irrelevant - but his averages of 21, 9 and 5 in FC, List 20 and T20Is does not point to a guy who was picked for batting at all.
Yeah, I mean clearly the guy was picked on potential/talent alone regardless given his poor bowling figures, but if he was thought of as a serious Test batting option I'm sure he'd bat higher than nine in Bangladesh domestic cricket. This guy bats two spots ahead of him in his team, example..

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Abul was identified by Stuart Law in the nets as potential fast bowler among many local boys; Law then recommended him to the selectors and Jurgensen, then bowling coach, pushed for a spot for him in the national side. He played some under 19s games before that to my knowledge but his performance was not that good in those matches compared to some other under 19s like Taskin, Jayed etc. So it was basically raw bowling talent hunt done by Stuart Law. I'm sure Law himself is surprised by his batting.