• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

stumpski

International Captain
Should have been another 7 overs of course. And yes Kallis hogging the strike for 10 minutes didn't help. Fantastic effort though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Only 1 ball out of the first 16 overs of the South African second innings would have hit the stumps. Oh dear.

stumpski

International Captain
Yes it's a team game and all that, I was reminded of Thorpe and Tudor though.

Gillespie blaming a 'young, inexperienced attack' - up to a point maybe, but Watson and Johnson are both 31.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
These blokes should hang their heads. What a disgraceful day's test cricket. Bangladesh standard or worse.

Hand back your caps you useless sacks of ****.

Burgey

Honestly, what a piss weak effort. If you're going to be bested, at least have a ****ing go. ****ing rope-able at that. Not the way we play cricket.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Kallis is so easy on the eye when he goes on the attack.

edit: now through the covers. ***c.
he was never this easy on the eye a few yrs back.

i get the feeling that the ipl and guys like steyn bowling in the nets have really helped him improve

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
WOW, I know Australia have some bowlers with the potential to serve up pies, but really? 6 an over? 84 ball 99?

Ruckus

International Captain
Shouldn't be too surprised probably. Johnson tbf to him hasn't been that bad, but Starc and Hastings have been rat****. Now that this waca test is practically game over, I really hope neither of them play test cricket anytime soon, because they just aren't good enough. Starc might be one day, but he isn't at the moment. And I doubt Hastings will ever be good enough to warrant a long term position. Looking forward to the selectors beat around the bush re his selection screw up.

Burgey

****s. Should make them sleep rough and give their plush hotel rooms to the poor. Calamitous. And tomorrow that fat, boring **** to resume in 20 odd not out.

The Mayans were right. 2012 and all that.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Not a good day to be an Australian cricket fan. But it has to be said SA have played some brilliant Kallisball today, so credit to them.

I felt like Australia's attack for this match was too brittle from the start. Johnson and Starc are both hit and miss, and capable of having terrible days. Hastings is clearly pedestrian and non-threatening.

This leaves you potentially with Watson who is only allowed to bowl five overs a day or something, and Lyon who is a finger-spinner at Perth. Not a good recipe.

Spikey

Daniel Brettig @danbrettig
Feel as though melancholy of Ponting's exit overwhelmed Aust today. Emotion-driven review of his lbw, and no direction in field #cricket

Daniel you're better than this

Well no you're not. But come on

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Not a good day to be an Australian cricket fan. But it has to be said SA have played some brilliant Kallisball today, so credit to them.

I felt like Australia's attack for this match was too brittle from the start. Johnson and Starc are both hit and miss, and capable of having terrible days. Hastings is clearly pedestrian and non-threatening.

This leaves you potentially with Watson who is only allowed to bowl five overs a day or something, and Lyon who is a finger-spinner at Perth. Not a good recipe.
there are only really two genuine wicket-taking bowlers in the line-up -- johnson and starc and both are alike in many ways :laugh: as you have alluded to already.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Daniel Brettig @danbrettig
Feel as though melancholy of Ponting's exit overwhelmed Aust today. Emotion-driven review of his lbw, and no direction in field #cricket

Daniel you're better than this

Well no you're not. But come on
clutching at straws...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
TBF, there was a lot of sentiment in that review. It was stone cold dead and Clarke would have known that.

Not sure why Corky thinks South Africa will declare tomorrow. This ground has form for big 4th innings totals and Aus bat seriously deep. 400 is probably enough but you would be looking to bat not only all day tomorrow but all of the first session on Monday as well. Don’t give them a sniff.