• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Has to be the good doctor. Grace was at times a disgrace to the game, the big ship was a close second though.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Public Service Announcement:

After consulting the CW High Council Of Who's A Douchebag, I've made the following substitutions:

Out:

Brad Haddin
Suresh Raina
Andy Roberts
Virat Kohli

In:

Shahid Afridi
Rashid Latif
Viv Richards
Yuvraj Singh

uvelocity

International Coach
Public Service Announcement:

After consulting the CW High Council Of Who's A Douchebag, I've made the following substitutions:

Out:

Brad Haddin
Suresh Raina
Andy Roberts
Virat Kohli

In:

Shahid Afridi
Rashid Latif
Viv Richards
Yuvraj Singh
i resign from this thread

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Aaaand here comes our next ****fight:

Steve Waugh (Australia)

Crimes:

- Rationalizing the ignoble art of relentless abuse as the science of 'mental disintegration'
- Excoriating on-field fairness such as walking and referring bumped catches as un-Australian
- Insisting an entire series be dedicated to his swansong, as opposed to announcing his retirement before his last Test
- Managing to lose a Test and series by enforcing the follow-on against India in 2001
- Openly dissing his successor

'There is always a role for sledging.' - Steve Waugh

'The people who do the sledging generally aren't good enough, so they have to find other ways to slow us down.' - Kieren Perkins in response

'Waugh wants to defeat you personally.' - Simon Barnes

'Come on, let's get it on right now!' - Brian Lara

'This bloke has to be the best all-rounder in the Southern Hemisphere.' 'Tony, he’s not even the best all-rounder in his own family.' - Ian Chappell responds to Tony Greig

'Why are you so rude when all the other Australian players are so nice?' - Salim Malik

Viv Richards (West Indies)

Crimes:

- Crap captain compared to Clive Lloyd
- Intimidating umpires to the point of them giving incorrect decisions
- Choking in the 1983 World Cup Final while chasing a pitiful 183
- Getting burned by Dinesh Ramdin, of all people
- Cheating on his wife

'Wisden described Richard's "finger-flapping appeal" as "at best undignified and unsightly. At worst, it was calculated gamesmanship". Wisden Cricket Monthly referred to his "orgasmic gesticulations".' - Martin Williamson

'I wouldn't be happy with that. I set my standards a bit higher.' - Of course you do, Viv

'England are well led by Andrew Strauss and this is a team that has the potential to create a legacy.' - Viv, three months before the end of Strauss' legacy

Trevor Bailey (England)

Crimes:

- Inarguably the most negative batsman of his era
- Inarguably the most negative bowler of his era
- Borderline cheating to draw an Ashes Test by bowling two metres down leg side to stall the Australian run rate

'Before he gathered together 20 runs, a newly-married couple could have left Heathrow and arrived in Lisbon, there to enjoy a honeymoon. By the time Bailey had congealed 50, this happily wedded pair could easily have settled down in a semi-detached house in Surbiton; and by the time his innings had gone to its close they conceivably might have been divorced.' - Neville Cardus

'To Bailey and company, the best way to honour the gods of cricket was to commit your heart and soul to the fight...its entertainment value was almost irrelevant.' - Simon Briggs

'Trevor Bailey's bowling was absolutely disgusting. We were set 177 to win in two hours and if they'd bowled properly we'd have got them. But they got away with it.' - Neil Harvey

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
'Trevor Bailey's bowling was absolutely disgusting...' - Neil Harvey

Great quote.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I quite like all 3 of these, Kohli infinitely worse then any. Waugh because he made me cry often.