• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Butt definitely showed enough to indicate that given a few more years he'd have surpassed Malik, but ultimately he was caught too soon and didn't get the chance to make this title his own so, in many ways regrettably, it has to be Salim Malik for me

smash84

The Tiger King
really lol'd at this

"My first instinct was disgust that this low-life of a prick thought that loyalty to my country was for sale." - Steve Waugh after receiving an offer from Malik, before a match that Australia lost by one wicket

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
Salman Butt..He showed this smart, suave, well-spoken exterior..i think became a Captain because of these qualities but eventually turned out to be a sleazeball....

smash84

The Tiger King
Salman Butt..He showed this smart, suave, well-spoken exterior..i think became a Captain because of these qualities but eventually turned out to be a sleazeball....
yeah, awta.

It is difficult to beat Salim Malik but Salman Butt does it for the aforementioned reasons.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Round of 16, Battle 3 Results:

Salim Malik - 4
Salman Butt - 3

Turnout slightly better than the Mohali crowd, it must be said.

Should probably be mentioned that Asif and Shastri went through in the last two matchups.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Will post Rounds 4 and 5 concurrently for expedience's sake.

Round of 16, Battle 4:

Johan Botha (South Africa)

This target of the ICC Anti-Chucking League brought to you by MS Paint.

Crimes:

- The man, the myth, the mobile arm.
- Spams own Twitter:

"Botha's doosra was measured at 26.7 degrees by Elliott, and was banned until the bowler proved he could deliver it at a flexion limit of less than 15 degrees." - Cricinfo

"Ironically, in the previous testing, the quicker delivery was the one with the lowest degrees." - Vincent Barnes, South Africa's bowling coach

"NO BAAAALLLL!" - Completely impartial Gabba crowd, 1st Twenty20 between Australia and South Africa, 2006

Botha - How did he not make the Olympic shot put team?
Botha clearly chucks it but he's still pretty **** compared to spinners with cleaner actions, I almost feel sorry for him. Like why's he doing it when it doesn't even make him better than those who don't throw?
He's a chucker. C - H - U - C - K - E - R.

And yes the rule-makers are to blame.
The real problem, from earlier in this thread:
Think I'll go with Botha as he's actually been banned from bowling his wrong 'un and has the face of a Waffen SS Panzer commander.

Roy Gilchrist (West Indies)

Crimes:

- Used freakish fast bowling talents mostly to sate a freakish irritability
- Profligate and deliberate use of beamers
- Picked up a stump and hurled it at a Lancashire league batsman's head, hitting him
- High-profile sending home by Gerry Alexander
- A few violent tendencies
- ...culminating in branding his wife's face with an iron

"A tragedy born of the interaction between a flawed individual and a malformed society, an almost Greek inevitability as man and system proceeded to their inevitable and final collision." - Former Jamaican prime minister Michael Manley

"Your wife is a sympathetic woman, and more than you deserve. I hate to think English sport has sunk so far that brutes will be tolerated because they are good at games." - The judge at his domestic violence hearing

Dude... Roy Gilchrist was an angry, angry man. Probably the most vicious quickie the World has ever known.
Crazy *******.
He almost killed a guy who's claim to fame was that he had the same name as me :laugh: :laugh:
wow
he always struck me as a nice guy

edit- awwww LOOL it's some other Gilchrist. For a good couple of mins I was in disbelief.

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Round of 16, Battle 5:

Hoo boy.

Ricky Ponting (Australia)

Crimes:

- Thoroughbred douche
- Had first bat contract before growing first pube
- Tired? Stressed? You'll feel better on piss
- Ashes captaincy success rate: 25%
- Similar grasp of tactics to a toddler playing chess
- Bowling first at Edgbaston
- Ferocious backer of Mitchell Johnson

Dissent collection:

- Ashes 2005
- Ashes 2010-11 (2:14)
- Pakistan, 2010
- South Africa, 2006
- Sri Lanka, 2004

Ricky fits (best of):

- wtf Srinath
- wtf Zaheer
- wtf Steven Smith
- wtf Indian media (1:37)

"In the past few days Ponting has presided over a performance that dragged the game into the pits. He turned a group of professional cricketers into a pack of wild dogs." - Peter Roebuck

"He is a very average captain. And he is a very average player too, especially here in India." - Harbhajan Singh

"I thought Ricky [Ponting] was crap when he was first captain in 2004, and nothing much has improved since then. I'm not the only one who thinks that ...everyone at home thinks he's **** at the captaincy." - Jeff Thomson

"I'm glad Ricky can't read my mind right now because he's not going to like it." - Allan Border

At least I'm not the Ricky Ponting of CW.
he was a ****ing **** captain who lost us the ashes 3 times and a world cup too. ****er should have spent less time on the golf course and more time reading the art of war. he carried on like a dick on the field too. dead set what a ****ing arse hole he could look out there. couldn't keep cool if he was sitting in front of an air conditioner. and jesus christ what about those last 3 years? ****ing hell matt elliott would have been more use. what a ****ing wanker. stay the **** out of the commentary box you loser.

responsible for xaiver doherty's baggygreen too. ****ing tasmanian arsehole.
He's a massive **** though imo, huge ego and all. Big cheat as well /sydney.
Got hit by Harmison ffs. Stupid ****.
Sure you could say there was enjoyment to be derived through winning...but I personally never felt that way. And as such, I never liked that Australia team. And I never really liked Ricky Ponting.

I admired him, sure, but I just couldn't relate to that team in spirit. It all felt wrong to me. That was never what cricket was to me. And that's Ponting's legacy in my eyes.
decent player but the biggest whinger of this generation
always cried about bad decisions he got tried to take the moral high ground when he was the dirtiest player..all in all an unlikable human being
Whole match was very much like Ricky Ponting: short & desperately ugly.
I actually hope we lose this now so Ponting can suffer as much as possible. What an absolute ****.

Harbhajan Singh (India)

Crimes:

- Obnoxious weed
- Monkeygate, Sydney 2008
- Murali's third bastard?
- Breaking Sreesanth's feelings
- Declines to walk after being clean bowled
- Arrested by NZ Customs

"Tera maa ki" - You're a monkey (Australian English)/Your mother was delectable (Punjabi)

"His record speaks for itself in cricket. There is a certain line that you can kind of go to and then you know where you push it and he just pushes it all the time. That's why he has been charged more than anyone that's ever played in the history of cricket." - Matthew Hayden

"Harbhajan is unfit today because he decided to raise his hand now and excuse himself." - Sanjay Manjrekar

"Once a chucker, always a chucker." - Raj Singh Dungarpur, former BCCI president

"I am God's favourite son, he has given me all." - Bhajji jabs at Jesus

"Harbhajan whooped fanatically like a slobbering, delirious hyena, picking apart a victim crushed by both the loss in Delhi and by Laxman's spirited resistance in the first-innings here in Ahmedabad." - CricketWeb feature by George Roberts

Even if Harbhajan was attempting to mean something relating to some Hindu god, it'd still be an inexcusable thing for him to say.
Rather a head of the old dick, I think it's fair to say.
Out with a badly bruised ego?
Obnoxious weed is sort of a funny line anyway. More than I'd have expected of Hayden.
The obnoxious **** actually came forward and helped arrange cricket kits for Zimbabwe players when they had no one to sponsor those... Of course, he did talk back to a couple of Aussies, so it is justice that he gets robbed..
HB, millions of annoying people give to charity.
Hey Sanz, I might disagree with you on some things and we might have a lttle tiff on the 'net, but I don't think you come across as a ****, nor do I think you are one.

Harbhajan on t'other hand ......
Harbhajan, however, strikes me as a **** with no such redeeming features.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, much as chucking enervates me, holding a hot iron to your missus's face is a lot worse in the grand scheme of things. Gilchrist.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a fan of Ponting's petulant behaviour, but Harbhajan is the only one of have caused a disturbance at NZ Customs and behaved as you'd expect of him.

So, Harbhajan it is for me.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gilchrist by a mile. Botha not really worthy of Rd 2 material.

Harbhajan in the other one.