• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Apparently KP's silence is being broken in approximately thirty seconds

Actually it took me so long to get approximately right on touch screen that it should already be broken

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
The stuff he says about them having a go in the field I can really relate to. Hate ****s who have a massive go if you make marginal errors in the field.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds pretty credible and, if true, is not how sports should be played. Clearly during the previous few years things have not been right in the squad. No one should be given **** for making a mistake though I do think an apology should come voluntarily after a mistake rather than being demanded. Bullying and complaining is the worst. My least enjoyable season playing was almost entirely down to our NZ overseas pro (though everyone else was also getting paid) who bowled ****e offspin (he was a quality batsman though) and screamed at everyone for a miss field or allowing quick singles off his bowling. Few wanted to be on the same park as him.

Bowlers should never demand to be apologised to after a dropped catch but then teammates shouldnt have to be told to put their hand up and say "Sorry big fella" when they do. Seems like a mutual fundamental lack of respect which really is your cliched team cancer.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's nothing in it for KP in being anything other than honest about his opinions. Whether he's right or not is a different question altogether, but he's an easy scapegoat and while his views will inevitably be slightly jaundiced I'm inclined to take what he says at face value.

I do hope that Andrew Strauss feels able to say what he thinks of it

fredfertang

Prior no doubt still traumatised by those pictures of his wife bouncing up and down on Allen Stanford's knee

cnerd123

likes this
Usually the truth lies somewhere between the two extremes.

Maybe Prior was a ****. Maybe KP was hard to work with. Maybe Flower was too authoritarian and the bowlers clique ruled the side. Maybe KP never tried to buy into the team culture.

Most likely, it's a little bit of all that.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't it Prior that first contacted KP after texgate, I was under the impression he was pretty pivotal in reintegrating the ****??

Also, what was the point of the confidentiality clause for such a short period of time, I can't see what it has achieved? It would make sense of it was for 3 years or something, by then everyone would have forgotten all about KP and this would be minor news..........as it is this is just another avenue for him to keep his name in the press and remain a thorn in the arse of the ECB and the England cricket team.

harsh.ag

Wasn't it Prior that first contacted KP after texgate, I was under the impression he was pretty pivotal in reintegrating the ****??

Also, what was the point of the confidentiality clause for such a short period of time, I can't see what it has achieved? It would make sense of it was for 3 years or something, by then everyone would have forgotten all about KP and this would be minor news..........as it is this is just another avenue for him to keep his name in the press and remain a thorn in the arse of the ECB and the England cricket team.
They probably didn't want to see Piers going at it for 3 years tbf. Plus, I think he should be a thorn in their side. Lots of blame to go around, but he has suffered disproportionately, at least when compared to the ECB and Andy Flower.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I thought I'd be interested in what KP had to say, but having read his comments I just feel like I have well and truly had enough of this playground bickering. Hope this story dies off permanently ASAP, it's become tedious in the extreme.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Some of it is interesting, some of it seems delusional, is always the way with KP.
"And then there’s most of the other days I wake up and I go, Kevin, you came to England as a bowler, you played 104 Test matches, you’ve scored more runs than anyone else who’s ever played the game of cricket for England, you’ve got more man-of-the-matches for England than anyone’s ever got. Be happy, be proud."

I like how he stopped referring to "I" and "me" by throwing in some third person action.