• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he should be a thorn in their side. Lots of blame to go around, but he has suffered disproportionately, at least when compared to the ECB and Andy Flower.
Hmmmm, whilst I 100% agree there is plenty of blame at the ECB's feet, I don't for a second feel sorry for KP and I can't agree that he has "suffered disproportionately"...........lad has made a rod for his own back AFAIC.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought I'd be interested in what KP had to say, but having read his comments I just feel like I have well and truly had enough of this playground bickering. Hope this story dies off permanently ASAP, it's become tedious in the extreme.
Couldn't agree more. I'm sick of hearing about it and sick of hearing about him...........bloke hasn't played any meaningful cricket in donkeys, and what he has done he's been absolutely woeful in, yet you can't open a cricket related website without reading about the ****.

I just wish this whole sorry mess could be put to bed for good.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought I'd be interested in what KP had to say, but having read his comments I just feel like I have well and truly had enough of this playground bickering. Hope this story dies off permanently ASAP, it's become tedious in the extreme.
Best prepare yourself for disappointment

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Best prepare yourself for disappointment
Oh yeah, I hold no great optimism that my wishes will be granted, the berks in the media will see to that. And undoubtedly KP will continue to unearth new pearls of wisdom he wishes to share with all of us. I'm just so bored of the whole thing. Like Adders said, KP and what he has to say gets more media attention than cricket itself, which I could understand at the time closer to the incident, but the bloke just isn't relevant anymore, and bringing this stuff up again and again is benefiting nobody...except KP himself.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
I can't be the only one who finds it highly alarming that Andy Flower is still employed by the ECB. Isn't he part of a programme to coach young coaches?

The bloke comes across as a massive ****.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasn't it Prior that first contacted KP after texgate, I was under the impression he was pretty pivotal in reintegrating the ****??

Also, what was the point of the confidentiality clause for such a short period of time, I can't see what it has achieved? It would make sense of it was for 3 years or something, by then everyone would have forgotten all about KP and this would be minor news..........as it is this is just another avenue for him to keep his name in the press and remain a thorn in the arse of the ECB and the England cricket team.
Well they got through the tests at home without it all coming out and undermining the skipper and team and now we have a break till we play at home again. Good timing on that front. Not like we are going to do anything in the world cup anyway.

piyusha

Cricket Spectator
on't think there's any doubt England are significantly weakened by the absence of Pietersen, even more so when he is one of the few players capable at scoring at a high enough strike rate as to allow ourselves ample time to try and bowl SA out twice in a must win game.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't think there's any doubt England are significantly weakened by the absence of Pietersen, even more so when he is one of the few players capable at scoring at a high enough strike rate as to allow ourselves ample time to try and bowl SA out twice in a must win game.
They aren't weakened imo. Just worse off to look at.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe the England team use the bile in KP's book as motivation to go win the World Cup, where they show up for the trophy presentation wearing **** you KP tshirts

Spark

Global Moderator
Apparently the book has a reprinted two-page email from Rahul Dravid on how to play spin. Might be worth buying for that alone tbh.

Spark

Global Moderator
The stuff he says about them having a go in the field I can really relate to. Hate ****s who have a massive go if you make marginal errors in the field.
Yeah, and that's not something that can be denied either. Can think of countless times where I've seen Broad/Swann go off at a fielder for fumbling one etc