• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone up for making a new draft?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Was thinking of something like an 'Age Draft' where you have a total of 333 years to spend on players where their value is how old they were when they played their final test.
How would it work for current players, or would they just be excluded?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I was thinking of a silent auction draft. Good/bad idea?
Quite a lot of hard work and I have it ready to go again in the near future (when the current auction one finishes) - great fun IMO, especially when you factor in not knowing who cost what.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Silent bidding is generally very good, and among my favorite drafts around. But there are 2 things I don't like about these:

1. We can't get more than 1 player in a round (even if we are ready to pay the buck).
2. Even if all the players in a round are very good, there is theoretically a high chance of getting the worst player of the round for just $1.

If Marc's new twist can eliminate these 2 issues in some way, that'll be great!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I am definitely working on a way to combat your first worry weldone, and in theory that should elminate number 2. I guess it's come to a time where mollycoddling someone into getting a player a round is making it too easy, more self-regulation needed I think.

Obviously it won't get going till after your's is finished anyway.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I am definitely working on a way to combat your first worry weldone, and in theory that should elminate number 2. I guess it's come to a time where mollycoddling someone into getting a player a round is making it too easy, more self-regulation needed I think.

Obviously it won't get going till after your's is finished anyway.
Great!

Mine will go on for a long time I'm sorry :(