• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Top 50 Cricketers of All Time - 2nd Edition

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That propels him right up the list for me.
And most English fans tbh.

In the "was bodyline justified" thread. It was me against most of the poms on the site.

It ended amicably enough with no one getting overly worked up.

In most parts of Aussie and NZ he is a villain - although this tag is wearing off with the younger generation. Amongst the english he is a leader who achieved much in his time.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
He was talking about Younis Khan I think...
Oh was he? I thought that someone wrote Waqar, oh well.

All the emails submitted so far have been counted and the order is starting to shape up. I'm looking forward to smali's write-ups

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Now I understand why Nufan mentioned Waqar. I though he was asking me why Waqar should deserve to be in a top 25 team. Nufan I was actually talking about Younis Khan when I said I haven't included him.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I shall be happy if all 25 in my list make it to the 50. I am fairly confident about 24 of them. Courtney Walsh is the only one who I think maybe unlucky to miss out, because he is quite underrated in CW IMO.

BTW, am I allowed to change my order before the deadline? I think I want to re-order players who were in ranks 3-11 in my initial list.

smash84

The Tiger King
we have around 30 entries so far

There is still 4 more days to go.

If we can have around 50-60 people sending a list in it would be a great......

In the meanwhile should I do separate threads for top 15, top 20 or top 25?

Spark

Global Moderator
IMO I'd do it in blocks of 5 until 25, blocks of 3 until 16, blocks of 2 'til 10 then do individual threads from there.

smash84

The Tiger King
this sounds like a cool idea too actually......this sounds good.....maybe I'll do this....good idea Spark