• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"My XI" on ESPNCricinfo

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
So Boycott named Marshall the best fast bolwer and Warne the best spinner/bowler ever, but still one more to go, can only see it as Imran or Mcgrath. Interesting series.

Satguru

Banned
Final edition on Murali - 'He made offspin attacking again' | Cricket videos, MP3, podcasts, cricket audio at ESPN Cricinfo

Like what he says about Murali making off-spinning attacking. Come to think about it, all the truly attacking spinners have been leggies - Grimmet, O'Reilly and Warne. He is the only off spinner who has been this effective as an off spinner.
Yeah, if anything that makes him even more special than Warne, tbh. He's the only truly ATG off-spinner in test history after all. Didnt expect Boycott to pick him, expected him to pick Imran... but in hindsight i guess he did need to pick two spinners out of 11

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, if anything that makes him even more special than Warne, tbh. He's the only truly ATG off-spinner in test history after all.
Jim Laker says hi.

But yeah, what he did in a post-covers environment was very, very good.

From the aggressive point of view, without having seen him, it was always the description that matched this dude whenever I heard stories of him: Erapalli Prasanna

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
4 top class bowlers there in Lillee, Barnes, Khan, Warne, and then Sobers, Tendy, and Richards can turn their arm over......

a pretty awesome team
All right I'm a tendulkar fanboy and have him behind bradman, sobers, and Hobbs (and equal with G Chappell) in an all time batsman list (rank him from 2-5th all time batting depending on mood) but lol@Tendulkar rolling his arm over at any point in an all time XI.

Last edited:

Straight Drive

School Boy/Girl Captain

smash84

The Tiger King
haha.....those were exactly my thoughts too when I opened cricinfo this morning

my second thought was that Ankit would definitely ping this thread today :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He's gone on batting career summary using a filter of him batting at #6, and then changed "batting analysis" to "bowling analysis" without changing the filter.

Seems legit, but if you look on the batting analysis the filtered sample lasts until 1992, wheras on the bowling analysis it lasts until 1989. So yes, there were matches at the end of his career where he was playing as a batsman and his bowling average wasn't dented because he wasn't bowling at all.
nah, pretty sure his bowling average would not magically drop down just because he did not bowl. And I am pretty sure he was bowling til he retired, may just not have been regular or with the new ball as it was earlier.