• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the worse number 1 side to rise to the top of the rankings during last year?

Which of the two do you think made for the worse # 1

• Total voters

Fusion

Global Moderator
This thread does seem a bit unclassy. Come on Smali, celebrate Pakistan, not any other team's fall! :)

smash84

The Tiger King
After this drubbing I won't place England Australia and SA tbh.

Aus played in SL and didn't look so clueless against spin in spinning conditions.

this is not another loss mind you but a whitewash. and while we were beaten in England at least we won a match :p

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
India clearly worse as in their drubbings they failed with bat, ball and in the field

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA really need to start winning their games at home. They're the side that's least susceptible to a disaster series imo, but that's not good enough to be number one. Got all the ingredients, just need consistency. They slipped up against SL ffs.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Should add it was remiss of me to omit saying the obvious, that in keeping with the natural
Order, we'll be number one again soon enough.

Ruckus

International Captain
SA number based on what exactly? Can't be results.
They have always been a very good team and up there in the top 3, as the rankings have indicated, but the presence of Philander really tips the scales in their favour imo. Of course people will argue he is isn't proven in all conditions or for long enough etc. etc., but I've seen enough to think he will be an excellent long term bowler for SA.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
After this drubbing I won't place England Australia and SA tbh.

Aus played in SL and didn't look so clueless against spin in spinning conditions.

this is not another loss mind you but a whitewash. and while we were beaten in England at least we won a match :p
That was my line...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Would love to hear any logical argument behind Australia being a better side than us, tbh.

Xuhaib

International Coach
all top 5 have holes which need to be filled next 12 months will be very interesting.