• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like a way of leaving out Dougeh without telling him he's dropped. Doubt they'd leave Southee out when we don't have Oram as an option.

SeamUp

International Coach
Sounds like a way of leaving out Dougeh without telling him he's dropped. Doubt they'd leave Southee out when we don't have Oram as an option.
Yeah thats prob right with regards to Doug. Confidence and all that. He is capable of bowling in ODI's but prob still needs to work on a few things.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Tough on McKay if they bring him back on a motorway in Napier with short square boundaries and the likes of Kallis, AB etc.

Howsie

International Captain
Tough on McKay if they bring him back on a motorway in Napier with short square boundaries and the likes of Kallis, AB etc.
Yeah agreed, it's not the place to be playing rubbish, inaccurate trash like Andy McKay.

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah. We should pick other bowlers from Ford Trophy/HRV Cup that were more economical and accurate. Oh yeah, there weren't any.
Henry, Mason, Franklin, Butler, Adams, McCone, Aldridge, Arnel, Small, Gillespie. Ten quicks right there that had better economy rates then Andy McKay - and I didn't even have to scroll down the page.

I actually don't have a problem with McKay playing the odd one day game for New Zealand tbh. He's a terribly average bowler but our depth at the moment is hardly amazing and quite a few of the young players I'd rather see play, Milne for example are injured. I'd rather see him get a run over over a complete nuffy like Michael Bates anyway.

Mike5181

International Captain
**** the next 15-16 months is insane for us
schedule-wise. We need depth to get through this:

South Africa- 3 tests (H)
West Indies- 3 tests (A)
India- 3 tests (A)
Sri Lanka- 2 tests (A)
South Africa- 2 tests (A)
England- 3 tests (H)
England- 2 tests (A)
------------------------ June 2013
= 18 tests
+18 ODIs and six T20s.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That is so awesome.

But I hope our bowlers' bodies can handle it... It's so different to what they're used to.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
That would be my point - Bates seems to be getting a run based on the fact he went well a season ago and they forgot to pick him, then they should've picked McKay based on recent form but decided not to anyway.

Matt Henry really looks to be someone on the rise. If I had to have money on the next debutant, it'd be him.

As for 18 Tests before June 2013? Magnificent.

Zinzan

Umm hello....surely they'll play Nethula this time. The one point of difference we have in the squad. Should have played in Wellington truth be told.

Zinzan

**** the next 15-16 months is insane for us
schedule-wise. We need depth to get through this:

South Africa- 3 tests (H)
West Indies- 3 tests (A)
India- 3 tests (A)
Sri Lanka- 2 tests (A)
South Africa- 2 tests (A)
England- 3 tests (H)
England- 2 tests (A)
------------------------ June 2013
= 18 tests
+18 ODIs and six T20s.
Sheesh, that is a lot for NZ. Normally we're lucky to play 6 tests in 15 months, let alone 18. In fact 18 in that time is truly English-like.

On the downside, we won't be able to use the old 'if only we played more tests' excuse at the end of all that :p

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Lets hope we can have all our players fit and healthy for the 18 tests.

I wonder if we will get some new cw members if they go on a winning streak.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Sheesh, that is a lot for NZ. Normally we're lucky to play 6 tests in 15 months, let alone 18. In fact 18 in that time is truly English-like.

On the downside, we won't be able to use the old 'if only we played more tests' excuse at the end of all that :p
Maybe we might actually benefit from playing more Tests. Maybe!!!!!!!!

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Brownlie out of the first test and they're talking about Ryder as the obvious replacement (which he is, though another hair-brained ODI innings might make the selectors at least think twice).