• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Sachin misses out on 100 centuries

Howe_zat

Audio File
52 X + 48 Y would always be 52 X + 48 Y whatever you do. It can never be 100 anything.
Yeah, because cricket's always as simple as that.

101 out of 700 in a home Test against Zimbabwe and 250 out of 350 in a Test in South Africa: exactly the same.

101 in a Test vs England and 101 in an ODI vs England: completely different.

sudhindra9

School Boy/Girl Captain
As a batsman, Lara, Punter and Tendy are better but as an cricketer Kallis is bound to lead. You can't ignore his bowling credentials.

stuw

Cricket Spectator
Kallis is easily the best cricketer but on batting alone i would have him behind sachin,lara,ponting,dravid and waugh

bagapath

International Captain
AWTA. Kallis is the cricketer of his generation, IMO. I was just pointing out that bagapath is on record stating that Kallis puts him to sleep, and he doesn't seem to use his amazing algebraic skills when comparing him to Sobers.
what has my opinion about kallis got to do with the point I made here? dont mess with me unnecessarily GI Joe. i know some very bad people in your city.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
8-) Do some more research mate.
This is a tad ironic for a guy who puts holes in Kallis' CV. I'd love to know what these are.

I genuinely do not know why Kallis is not held up in the esteem that he deserves. By most, I should add - because I know I certainly do. It's unfathomable to me that people can't see him as one of the finest cricketers of all-time, one of the finest batsmen of all time, one of the finest all-rounders of all-time etc.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The Australian media is not a lot better than the Indian media...or actually to put it differently...corporate media all over the world are pretty similar when it comes to quality.
Wasn't really my point. Flipperty said the Indian media are the only ones going on about the 100th intl century milestone and I said that's blatantly not true.

I cannot remember the last time a non-Australian cricketer was on the front of the Sydney Morning Herald, the country's major broadsheet paper.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
what has my opinion about kallis got to do with the point I made here? dont mess with me unnecessarily GI Joe. i know some very bad people in your city.
Them's mighty big words, bagapath. I hope, for your sake, that you're just pissed off because you've just misplaced your algebra textbook.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin > Lara > Ponting > Kallis for mine.
Haha sorry, but that's just mental if you feel the others are so much better than Kallis with the bat that it negates his 271 test wickets.

Is that any different from me claiming that Nathan Astle was a better test cricketer than Ian Botham because since I feel he was the slightly better Test batsman of the two, I'm just going to ignore Botham's 373 test wickets?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasn't really my point. Flipperty said the Indian media are the only ones going on about the 100th intl century milestone and I said that's blatantly not true.

I cannot remember the last time a non-Australian cricketer was on the front of the Sydney Morning Herald, the country's major broadsheet paper.
Yeah and that's what I am trying to say...corporate media..which means the market determines the content of the papers..Sachin is the biggest cricketer in the world, India the biggest market, Indian diaspora - one of the biggest diaspora community. SMH is owned by a company called Fairfax Limited.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha sorry, but that's just mental if you feel the others are so much better than Kallis with the bat that it negates his 271 test wickets.

Is that any different from me claiming that Nathan Astle was a better test cricketer than Ian Botham because since I feel he was the slightly better Test batsman of the two, I'm just going to ignore Botham's 373 test wickets?
Well you can claim what you want. But as far as I'm concerned the difference between their batting ability makes up for his wickets where it definitely doesn't between Astle and Botham.

Zinzan

Well you can claim what you want. But as far as I'm concerned the difference between their batting ability makes up for his wickets where it definitely doesn't between Astle and Botham.
Well, try as I might I just can't reason any further

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Kallis as a bowler is a bit overrated in my opinion. I know he has 270 wickets and when you add that with 10000 test runs you can't help but go wow...but his bowling hasnt really been impressive over the last 5 years or so..I always look at him as a batsman whereas Botham will always be an all rounder.

flibbertyjibber

Thing is it wouldn't be had the Indians not hyped it up for around a year first. FMD some ppl are so thick.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Kallis as a bowler is a bit overrated in my opinion. I know he has 270 wickets and when you add that with 10000 test runs you can't help but go wow...but his bowling hasnt really been impressive over the last 5 years or so..I always look at him as a batsman whereas Botham will always be an all rounder.
Its like saying Vettori is over rated as a batsman since he was a tailender for the first half of his career.

He's been poor for a while but for atleast 6-7 years he was good enough to get in to many sides purely on his bowling. I think that should classify him as a genuine allrounder.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Thing is it wouldn't be had the Indians not hyped it up for around a year first. FMD some ppl are so thick.
Well that's just because it's been taking a while...you can't expect people to not start talking about 100 centuries once someone hits 85-90-95 centuries just like you talk about players getting a century when they get to 80-90 in an innings...

If he scored a bunch on the trot and got there fast...there would be much less hype.