• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The most disgraceful,unsporstmanlike and undignified incident on the cricket field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the day the entire indian team accepted money from match fixers and allowed jason krejza to take 8 wickets was pretty dark too

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
For mine it'd be Harbhajan and Lehman's racist comments (or was Lehman's not on "the field"?).

After racism, for sheer conduct McGrath's tirade against Sarwan wasn't great.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I remember there was an NZ fan who threw a broken beer bottle at Michael Bevan while he was fielding. Bevan came off really badly injured as well.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I think cricket should have enforcers like ice hockey for properly monitored bouts of asskicking. Will rid us of the likes of Sreesanth and Harbhajan, or at least force them to grow some balls before shooting off.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think cricket should have enforcers like ice hockey for properly monitored bouts of asskicking. Will rid us of the likes of Sreesanth and Harbhajan, or at least force them to grow some balls before shooting off.
Got to be a silentstriker multi.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
70 odd replies and no one has mentioned "Bodyline"

DRJ will be turning in his grave at the fact he's no longer Australia's #1 villain

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Everyone has forgotten Afridi's dance and dinner on the pitch.
Amir Asif & Butt
Kamran Akmal's drops against Hussey
Matt Prior claiming that the bails fell off, when in fact he knocked them over
Burgey calling Inzi an aloo.

Redbacks

International Captain
Dismissed batsmen raising their bat to the crowd for a 50 as they walk off is a blight on the game.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Depends on the nature of the 50 surely. If someone like Matthew Hayden held up his bat to the crowd after getting 50 against Bangladesh then it's stupid. But if someone like Matthew Hoggard scrapped out a 50 against all odds to tie/win a crucial match then I thing it would be entirely appropriate.

Redbacks

International Captain
Maybe for an 9,10,11 but even then if he got out it means the result isn't assured.

Seeing G Swann raise his bat after a 35 is a joke. What next a crafty 20?

It fits the BT headwobble theory (he was boofhead AFL player). If you start brining the kids out to the field for 150 games, or celebrate milestones like 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 games it loses its meaning and in cricket it puts something special, a test hundred, alongside a run of the mill average performance.

Last edited:

ret

International Debutant
may be not unsportsman like, but a trundler opening the bowling in tests .... The sight of him sprinting to deliver a ball that will go slower than it took him to sprint up to the wkt is :ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.