• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Flem274*

123/5
It's easy to figure out these Indian batsmen, very easy, even a blind man can figure them out.
There are more appropriate ways to say you don't rate the Indian batsmen.

You've been infracted twice. You're on the verge of a ban. This is your absolutely final warning.

pup11

International Coach
That's the only reason why Ponting has been able to stay on though, and it isn't a particularly promising reason - our batting depth atm is terrible. If he is at his best, he would make the team regardless of any depth we may have, but it is yet to be seen whether these twin 50's mark a return to better form. Given his previous history of teasing us with small scores and looking good at the crease, I personally don't think they will. The fact is though, even if Ponting averages 40 from now on, that is basically going to be good enough to justify his position in the team...that's how mediocre our batting has got. Hussey is a different story though. He has genuinely been in top form for a couple of fairly recent series' and has backed up that form again by being the top scorer from both teams in this match. He most certainly deserves to stay on for some while.
I think someone like Ferguson and George Bailey would have been perfect like for like replacements for Hussey and Ponting respectively had they put up some consistent scores, but the thing that I find funny is that we are willing to hand test caps to bowlers with next to no experience or form but we still expect all our prospective batters to set the world on fire while playing on damp green pitches at the domestic level.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's the only reason why Ponting has been able to stay on though, and it isn't a particularly promising reason - our batting depth atm is terrible. If he is at his best, he would make the team regardless of any depth we may have, but it is yet to be seen whether these twin 50's mark a return to better form. Given his previous history of teasing us with small scores and looking good at the crease, I personally don't think they will. The fact is though, even if Ponting averages 40 from now on, that is basically going to be good enough to justify his position in the team...that's how mediocre our batting has got. Hussey is a different story though. He has genuinely been in top form for a couple of fairly recent series' and has backed up that form again by being the top scorer from both teams in this match. He most certainly deserves to stay on for some while.
He has four fifties in his last six innings - that's good enough for me.

pup11

International Coach
can't believe Dhoni actually used the tentative starters excuse.
If such a mindset prevails in their whole dressing room then its no surprise that they just allowed the game to slip from their grasps when they were well on top.

Tomas

Cricket Spectator
The problem is I am being called a troll when I have not trolled anyone, are the MODS on here so sensitive to the truth?

Ruckus

International Captain
I think someone like Ferguson and George Bailey would have been perfect like for like replacements for Hussey and Ponting respectively had they put up some consistent scores, but the thing that I find funny is that we are willing to hand test caps to bowlers with next to no experience or form but we still expect all our prospective batters to set the world on fire while playing on damp green pitches at the domestic level.
I was actually initally really against the fast-tracking of Pattinson and Cummins (in particular), but it turns out it was a very good move. Both of them are clearly very special talents though, and I think it's somewhat fortuitous that the decisions to play them have payed off. Throwing extremely inexperienced players straight into the mix often won't work, and there have been many recent cases of that.

Redbacks

International Captain
Reckon it's an Indian poster devo about the loss looking to blow off steam after the match. Crying out to be banned so the tilt can end and normality resumed.

Jayzamann

International Regular
I was actually initally really against the fast-tracking of Pattinson and Cummins (in particular), but it turns out it was a very good move. Both of them are clearly very special talents though, and I think it's somewhat fortuitous that the decisions to play them have payed off. Throwing extremely inexperienced players straight into the mix often won't work, and there have been many recent cases of that.
True, it hasn't just helped Australia.