• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is the Pakistan Team right now? (AKA the Pakistani climate thread)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its decent side thats punching abpve its weight. The team lacks atleast one world class fast bowlers bowler and a worldclass batsman to challenge the top 3. They will beat England in the odi's but get soundly disposed off in tests.
This, can't see us losing a test. Can't see us winning a one day match either. :laugh:

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
You guys might be young supporters but surely after the last few years you can't be naive as well?

Hold your horses, wait until the England series to judge, it's just been minnow bashing.:-O

The power of dreams are clearly intoxicating, pak are waaay less proven and complete than England, not to say we can't win but reality please.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Pakistan team is pretty ordinary and the fact that it remains extremely competitive is an indictment of current test cricket standards more than anything else

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
The Pakistan team is pretty ordinary and the fact that it remains extremely competitive is an indictment of current test cricket standards more than anything else
As a corollary this also means England's star is shining bright within a dim sky:)

flibbertyjibber

As a corollary this also means England's star is shining bright within a dim sky:)
Which not many England fans are arguing against to be fair. We thrashed the sides in 4th and 2nd in the rankings with ease. Makes you wonder if anyone lower down will fare any better.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Which not many England fans are arguing against to be fair. We thrashed the sides in 4th and 2nd in the rankings with ease. Makes you wonder if anyone lower down will fare any better.
I have not really seen many england fans put their victories in context.

By your logic pak fans could go on about how they dominated a team ranked above them, but rankings aren't the full story, sl were in a weak state and pak were a better team.

Anyway let's see what happens, a series is so close by, which will answer so many questions that all that's needed is patience for the outcome!!

smash84

The Tiger King
still remember how the british media was up in arms during the Moore-Petersen row and if I recall correctly performance did suffer during that time.Such incidents are minor issues for Pakistan even during this so called period of calm we had the coach-captain media duel just few months back.

However we should not hasten in hailing this turnaround this side has not faced a top 4 opposition in the last 12 months the series against the English will be the first real test of Misbah's Pakistan
awta

haha....so true.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Rankings don't mean a massive amount, reckon 2-6 (excluding current SL) are all capable of competing with each other at around the same level

Xuhaib

International Coach
on a turner i think both sides are 50-50 England do struggle picking Ajmal, Hafeez & Rehman are not bad supporting bowlers however there is equal likelihood of Pakistan crumbling to Swann on a such a track.Toss becomes a key in such a scenario.

flibbertyjibber

Track Record. You are not Australia yet, no matter how much you would like to believe so.
I know we aren't. Point I am making is that there were better sides around then and Australia were still easily the best. England don't have much competition at present do they?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I would love Pakistan to do well, and I am happy that their fans are getting to taste some success after a horrid year but I reckon England will win the tests quite comfortably.

Jacknife

International Captain
Track Record. You are not Australia yet, no matter how much you would like to believe so.
LoL I've never heard any England fan around here, ever say England are a better team than the great Australian side, or even hinted to the fact, so what are you on about?

Xuhaib

International Coach
I just hope even if we don't do that well PCB does not panic and starts making wholesale changes and we go back to square one.Misbah has lead the side well with limited resources despite loosing their 2 spearheads Pakistan has regularly takin 20 wickets each game and the batting is much more consistent and solid. I hope a bad series against an outstanding English side does not lead to Misbah's axing.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
LoL I've never heard any England fan around here, ever say England are a better team than the great Australian side, or even hinted to the fact, so what are you on about?
Weren't comparisons being drawn after England thrashed India?