• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Australia 2011

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would say Taylor's the most knowledgable Aussie commentator tbf (apart from Richie, whose senile now and doesn't count)
Chappell is definitely a lot more knowledgeable than Taylor IMO. Taylor's decent enough at his job though; have no real gripe with him.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The channel nine blokes are lazy because so many of them have security of tenure and because they're a free to air team which errs on the side of catering for the uninitiated or less initiated, not cricket wonks like us.
This would be acceptable if they, you know, knew the captain of each side. But they don't. They're not catering for anyone, they're just dumb and lazy.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
The 4 step morgieb program:

1. Complain about posters being _______ eg ****y ****s
2. Go ahead and be a ________. eg ****y ****
3. Be oblivious to the hypocricy
4. Repeat

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, fair shout, though Chappell is more opinionated than knowledgable IMO
They aren't mutually exclusive; he's both. He's annoying at times but he knows far more about international cricket than the rest of the panel IMO. He reminds me of a particular forumer at times (not going to say which one :p).

Athlai

Not Terrible
I haven't really been so ****y tbh. More passionate. Give me examples where I have been.

If you saw some of my posts before the test, it was far from ****y.
NZ success equating to it not being business as usual for Australia is ****iness. You can get frustrated that Aussie aren't rolling us, but it's a dog act (you are familiar with them I believe) to just expect us to be ****. The Brownlie comment in particular was dire. Kiwi fans expect it from the blokes at c9 we don't expect it from our Aussie CW compatriots.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
If Trentland was playing in this Test, he'd have five and you'd be out for under 200. He also would've caught that which Clarke dropped.

I wonder if he dreams about me too.