• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
At least Siddle has got a wicket. Johnson hasn't done **** and is going at 5 an over for the match. On THIS ****ing wicket.

So many people group Siddle with Johnson, it's so frustrating.

Siddle has been the third best bowler, third or second best batsman and easily in the top 3 fieldsman for Australia in this Test and yet his spot gets questioned..
He's taken 1 wicket. Being the 3rd best bowler isn't hard in these circumstances. How he has only managed 1 is a mystery though.

Last edited:

hang on

State Vice-Captain
wait. did i hear that right....johnson has been absolutely fantastic for australia in sri lanka. who said that....haysman or jackman.

i need to lay off the drink.

adub

International Captain
wait. did i hear that right....johnson has been absolutely fantastic for australia in sri lanka. who said that....haysman or jackman.

i need to lay off the drink.
the commentators need to lay off the crack pipe. FFS Brilliant in Sri Lanka?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
At least Siddle has got a wicket. Johnson hasn't done **** and is going at 5 an over for the match. On THIS ****ing wicket.

He's taken 1 wicket. Being the 3rd best bowler isn't hard in these circumstances. How he has only managed 1 is a mystery though.
He only bowled 4 overs when the conditions were at it's best for bowlers. Obviously.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Back on topic.....SA appear to be cruising...what's so different from the mine field we saw yesterday?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So many people group Siddle with Johnson, it's so frustrating.

Siddle has been the third best bowler, third or second best batsman and easily in the top 3 fieldsman for Australia in this Test and yet his spot gets questioned..
ahahahahaha

They get compared because they have the same results - 5er, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, 5er. Same as Ponting and Kallis get compared - they average 55 odd.

Anyway, Siddle is in the team for his bowling. He gets judged on that. He's been our 3rd best bowler out of 4. That's hardly anything to boast about. But anyway, I don't think he's been bad or anything. He's just been so mediocre. And we've seen it so many times. And it's never really been punished. I can understand why he got picked for this test match. I didn't like it. I'm not shocked by this result. I don't want his papers stamped. He's got talent. But you know, he got picked on the back of 5 fc games and he's been given a gold pass since. He's 26 odd. Getting dumped for his consistent non-performance at test level isn't gonna destroy him. Same as MJ. One has to go. After the Ashes it was MJ for me. Then I changed to Siddle. Now I'm leaning back to MJ. But one has to go. So often it's left to the other seamer for Australia and it ain't healthy.