• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Was the Worst Possible Umpiring Decision That You Have Seen

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
Bill Lawry was never LBW in Australia either.....
hmmm two famous places...guess, indian ones were not very far behind either...remember an indian umpire gave it out in an ODI and then taking his hand away from that position and adjusting his cap...this third country umpiring (though there are many in them too) rule is one of the best administrative decisions...

Bun

Banned
Looked plumb in 2000 and looks plumb in 2011. And who is this **** who stole my video?
Hitting on the rise, upper part of the pad, above knee rolls, and Sachin actually standing on his toe, Australian wicket. LOL

And you stole 9's video then mate :p

Last edited:

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
Sachin was again bucknored when he had hit 4 fours off McGrath. Totally dreadful decision. There was a video uploaded by robelinda but now I cannot find it.
lovely verb that u used...over the years, there are many bucknored cases...

OMM!

U19 12th Man
Alec Stewart's LBW against Sri Lanka, given by BC Cooray! Pitched 5 feet outside leg stump!

Chanderpaul's LBW against Harbhajan in the recent India vs. West Indies series! What was Gunner thinking of?!

Sreesanth given not out LBW against Panesar in 2007 in the 1st Test at Lords, with India 9 down. It was hitting halfway up middle!

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman

robelinda

International Vice-Captain

Bun

Banned
Not even close to being "the worst possible decision". Height might be an issue, but no real problems with that at all. Sachin's not exactly Goliath, is he?

Also apparent just how much weight he's currently carrying when one sees old film of him. Must be a stone and a half heavier now.
It's not as if he's half the size of the stumps is he? It's an Aussie wicket and considering he was on his toes, it was still hitting above the knee roll..

Question's not about the line, but the bounce. It was easily missing the wickets.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If that was an "Australian wicket", then try and defend this one, as typical an Indian wicket as is possible, no umpire training at all. No part of this dismissal is even close to out.

INDIAN CHEATING 'AGAIN' - Harbhajan Singh blatant disregard for the spirit of cricket - YouTube
Why does he have to defend this one to comment on the other one?

Pretty poor decision that, but how the hell is Harbhajan cheating assuming you were the one that gave the title? Getting carried away with the youtube flame wars?:p

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
Why does he have to defend this one to comment on the other one?

Pretty poor decision that, but how the hell is Harbhajan cheating assuming you were the one that gave the title? Getting carried away with the youtube flame wars?:p
:laugh:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It's not as if he's half the size of the stumps is he? It's an Aussie wicket and considering he was on his toes, it was still hitting above the knee roll..

Question's not about the line, but the bounce. It was easily missing the wickets.
I think it is probably wrong, but Brumby is right wherein it's hardly the worst decision ever.

And it's not from Bucknor so that it can be the part of his long collection of "errors" against India specifically either:p.

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Sigh.

Even if one allows it might be high I refer you to my previous answer:

Not even close to being "the worst possible decision".
If you think it is I'd get that one eye of yours tested.