• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Edgbaston

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Did they? Ball definitely swung a fair bit more in this series than in the SL series. Though the conditions for this match so far are absolutely perfect for batting. Dead flat at the moment.
Not all the way through. They switched to them at some point though.

Jacknife

International Captain
Not all the way through. They switched to them at some point though.
Yes, I'm not sure at what point but I remember them bringing it up that they gone back to the 2010 Duke ball. Like last year the ball seems to have swung more in late July/August than earlier in the season, don't know if it's just coincidental or what.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
England have officially shown that you can work your way to number one in the Test rankings. They have, through the use of support staff, science and clever coaching molded a pretty unstoppable army. This shows the pure lack of effort and commitment from other teams, such as India, to maximize the potential of their team. It annoys me greatly because the failure of India to do this comes at the detriment of the overall level of Test cricket and results in abominations such as this Test series.

Pathetic.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Not out for me, on height. Shall have to see the replay here.

Edit: Good call. Definitely wouldn't have given it myself.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Well what a shock, the single Test class bowler gets another wicket! Well done Praveen! Absolutely top effort.

hazsa19

International Regular
England have officially shown that you can work your way to number one in the Test rankings. They have, through the use of support staff, science and clever coaching molded a pretty unstoppable army. This shows the pure lack of effort and commitment from other teams, such as India, to maximize the potential of their team. It annoys me greatly because the failure of India to do this comes at the detriment of the overall level of Test cricket and results in abominations such as this Test series.

Pathetic.
So if India lose number 1 they won't work to fight back? Fletcher is one of the best coaches in Test Cricket for rebuilding a team, and you'll need him more than ever when the old guard call it a day.

Never thought that would be hitting, great decision I guess.

Jacknife

International Captain
I couldn't see how they could give it because it would have been a bit of guess work with him being 3meters down the pitch.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
So if India lose number 1 they won't work to fight back? Fletcher is one of the best coaches in Test Cricket for rebuilding a team, and you'll need him more than ever when the old guard call it a day.
I think it is even beyond Fletcher to rebuild this mess. What is required is a massive restructuring of domestic system and the culture of cricket in India. That is beyond one man, imo. You need numerous people observing the mess that is Ranji Trophy cricket, you need investments in facilities and Fletcher does not have the power to affect all this and the more required.

I think this series is the start of a massive floundering in Indian cricket as we drop toward the lower mid table of Test rankings. If we cannot put up any semblance of fight now, how will we do once Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman are all gone.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The only hope is that this series damages the pride of one of the self centred BCCI bureaucrats.

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Praveen is the only bowler bowling with a semblence of control.I really wish that he has a good test career ahead of him.

Themer

U19 Cricketer
Hope Morgan comes in all guns blazing, he plays alot better when he's trying to be aggressive than when he's trying to accumulate. That said I still don't think he's test standard to be honest and any runs he does get are quite hollow.

What are thoughts on when to declare? I'd go till tea tomorrow provided we don't get bowled out.

hazsa19

International Regular
Hope Morgan comes in all guns blazing, he plays alot better when he's trying to be aggressive than when he's trying to accumulate. That said I still don't think he's test standard to be honest and any runs he does get are quite hollow.

What are thoughts on when to declare? I'd go till tea tomorrow provided we don't get bowled out.
Why bother declaring? Unless we're 900/6 at tea on day 4.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Declare with 40 minutes to go tomorrow once the lead passes 500 and bowl them out by the end on Saturday I reckon. This has been too easy, even Bangladesh showed far more spirit than this.