• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Trent Bridge

Howe_zat

Audio File
Another test 4 days seems mental, but the quick turnover is more than likely to help us. We're a much fitter side.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Some big choices ahead for India. I don't think there's any conceivable way Zaheer can be risked as part of a three-man seam attack (in fact I suspect he's not in any fit state to be risked at all, but if he's even 70-80% he's still the top boy) so does Harbhajan miss out and Sree or Munaf come in? Or does Mukund make way for another bowler? If Irfan was in the squad I think the 2nd option would be more likely than the Hail Mary it would be now.

Assuming Tremmers is fit we'll be as you were, obvz.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Some big choices ahead for India. I don't think there's any conceivable way Zaheer can be risked as part of a three-man seam attack (in fact I suspect he's not in any fit state to be risked at all, but if he's even 70-80% he's still the top boy) so does Harbhajan miss out and Sree or Munaf come in? Or does Mukund make way for another bowler? If Irfan was in the squad I think the 2nd option would be more likely than the Hail Mary it would be now.

I'd be more inclined to risk Zaheer with Harbhajan than without him. He can bowl longer spells than Sreesanth and Munaf, not to mention being a better bowler. He was thoroughly disappointing at Lords but he was bowling some of his best stuff in South Africa.

India will either be unchanged or just bring Sree/Munaf in for Zaheer IMO. They might've thought about just playing five batsmen but Raina doing well in the second innings probably ended thoughts of that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'd be more inclined to risk Zaheer with Harbhajan than without him. He can bowl longer spells than Sreesanth and Munaf, not to mention being a better bowler. He was thoroughly disappointing at Lords but he was bowling some of his best stuff in South Africa.

India will either be unchanged or just bring Sree/Munaf in for Zaheer IMO. They might've thought about just playing five batsmen but Raina doing well in the second innings probably ended thoughts of that.
Dunno, two and a half seamers at TB is a big shout. Raina's offies aren't dire and are a heck of a lot better than Dhoni's seam up slop.

Howe_zat

Audio File
KP suddenly deciding Raina was a **** bowler is among the funniest cricketing moments I've seen this year.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!

India playing an all-pace attack? That'll be the day.

The right thing to do is to just let Zaheer rest and hope the good Sreesanth or Munaf shows up. No one's even thinking about dropping Harbhajan, and rightfully so.

Howe_zat

Audio File
India playing an all-pace attack? That'll be the day.
Well, yes, of course, but Brumby is opining that Munaf might play ahead of Harbhajan, not that there might be an all-pace attack...

Part of me wishes Strauss hadn't declared, I'd have loved another 10 minutes of that. Was absolutely hilarious.
I'll admit it influced my thinking that the declaration was a mistake.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well, yes, of course, but Brumby is opining that Munaf might play ahead of Harbhajan, not that there might be an all-pace attack...

I'll admit it influced my thinking that the declaration was a mistake.
It was as if Pietersen realised when he was on 180 odd that the double ton was there for the taking in that over. :D

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno, two and a half seamers at TB is a big shout. Raina's offies aren't dire and are a heck of a lot better than Dhoni's seam up slop.
If Sehwag was fit, it would have been more clear tbh. Much better bowler than Raina,who i don't think we can rely on too much to take wickets.

Though having said that,going with 4 pacers still might be a good option at Trent Bridge if we are gonna risk ZAK again.

Another test 4 days seems mental, but the quick turnover is more than likely to help us. We're a much fitter side.
Absolutely.

Not only does it give less time for ZAK and Gambhir to recover, more time between the tests could have possibly seen Sehwag back as well.

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
i expect india to win this test, just as i expected england to win at lords.

1-1 going into the 2nd half of the series would be so awesome

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
India to get rolled even harder at TB, for mine. Zaheer is a massive loss and the short turn-around gives them almost no time to recover.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India to get rolled even harder at TB, for mine. Zaheer is a massive loss and the short turn-around gives them almost no time to recover.
Yes that is very possible.

As I said in the other thread, if you're going to pick Zaheer, you might have to risk it with a five man attack and maybe use him for shorter bursts.