• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Trent Bridge

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only the odd one. I mean, they were clearly much better batting conditions than on day one- that's why Dhoni rightly chose to bowl first. It was a pretty big toss to lose.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In my opinion the difference between the two teams in the first couple of tests hasn't come down to when they've batted or what the pitch was doing. The biggest difference between the two teams is the consistency of the English bowling attack and the fact they bat past 6.

England could bat 1st or 2nd and it wouldn't really matter. Their bowling attack has been impressive enough to bowl out India regardless of the situation. Conversely, in India's case it doesn't matter what the wicket's doing and how much help it's offering if you can't bowl consistently over two innings.Australian fans know exactly how you feel, and it's ****ing frustrating to watch!

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
what's also interesting is that they never really bowled any bouncers at Laxman, dravid or tendulkar....
maybe they thought it would be a waste..

focused all their energy on getting these guys forward/ playing across.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
what's also interesting is that they never really bowled any bouncers at Laxman, dravid or tendulkar....

England's planning in the last 10 years has been very good. Fletcher started it there was a blip under Moores but Flower has taken it back to the sort of level of 05 where the plans seem to work and the bowlers are good enough to carry them out which always helps.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Bowling short stuff at those 3 (particularly Laxman) when it's not a weakness would be a waste of time.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowling short stuff at those 3 (particularly Laxman) when it's not a weakness would be a waste of time.
but england never really bowled any. I can't recall any of them ducking.
Any other team would've at least bowled a bouncer every now and then to keep the batsmen guessing and to push them back.

yeah these guys are able to pick bouncers immediately (react quickly).

by bouncers I don't mean short-piched stuff aimed around the rib-cage. i mean proper bouncers.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The times he has played, he's looked a bit ordinary. Relies far too much on conditions to be ranked too highly I reckon. I do like his bowling a lot more than Zaheer but in all honesty Zaheer is probably the better of the two.
yeah but he s the one who can remain fit.. :) I mean, I think Zak is the slightly better bowler of the two at the moment myself but what is the point of being that slight bit better if you can't even get on the park often enough...

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah but he s the one who can remain fit.. :) I mean, I think Zak is the slightly better bowler of the two at the moment myself but what is the point of being that slight bit better if you can't even get on the park often enough...
yeah seems like the difference between Brett Lee and Shoaib Akhtar or Shane Bond