• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Predict and discuss the Future Stars Of Cricket.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
I hope this has not been done earlier but I am seriously looking forward to the youngsters these days, whether the team be Pakistan,Australia,India or any other, sadly I fail to find Legend material.
I have a feeling that Cricket is becoming more of an entertainment game than a sport but a few bright talents still make me excited.

Let us hunt the talent and then predict, Country-wise, it is better if you state your opinion on your own country but you could go ahead and write about some other countries too or the countries which will be left behind.
For now I will just pick a few from all over the World.

Shane Watson, Steyn, Devilliers, Cook (yes, the guy is scoring runs, Appreciate),Amla and perhaps Gambhir

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cook is going to have such an awesome record by the end of his career.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Pakistan I will start with my own country, we have had quality players up until mid 2000 with Inzi/Younis/Yousuf at the crease you could always expect to see some spectacular Shots and on the other hand Shoaib Akhtar steaming in with the likes of Danish Kaneria/Asif/Rana Naveed was also fascinating.

Pakistan will never lack in talent, that is for sure. Everyday, if one walks out on a Pakistani street after the noon, He will observe people of all ages, from 5-30 Playing Cricket.
In Pakistan, bowling is the priority for many people as it seems such an exciting job to do perhaps because of the Legends born in this Country, Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar are all inspiration for us.

Even today, when we have lost our Duo (The A-A) we still have backup, there are a bunch of bowlers waiting for chance, many have been given the chance but sadly our management and perhaps the fans too can not be patient with a Player, it is absolutely necessary for the debutant to perform in his early games or else he is not persisted with and the management and fans move ahead but the Real Talent does not hide for a lot of time.

1) Umar Akmal - Fans had lots of hope with him after he played some astonishing innings in the beginning of his career i.e Australia series IIRC, he has potential but requires grooming especially he lacks temperament.

2) Fawad Alam - The guy is the victim of politics in the management, he has a lot of potential, scoring quite a lot of runs in domestic and has been the highest run-scorer this year, His average is the highest ever in Pakistan Domestic (Javed Miandad comes afterwards) but due to his 'ugly' playing style, fans are not convinced. In my opinion, he has a lot of potential if the management persists with him.

3) Junaid Khan - A replacement for Muhammad Amir, People had a lot of expectations from him after he performed brilliantly in First Class Cricket. He was not given a chance in the WC after he got 3 wickets for 7 overs against England in a warm-up match.
He was not very impressive against Windies but has been impressing since then, i.e against Ireland and in the County.

4) Sohail Khan - Pace bowler, performing since quite some time and was also given a chance but at the dead wicket in Lahore. Been the victim of injuries due to his injury prone body/action.

Otherwise Raza Hasan is a Left Arm spin bowler, performing quite well in the domestic circuit but needs some time, likewise, Zain Abbas/Sharjeel Khan/Umar Amin are a few good batsmen spotted as the future Stars People may also consider Wahab Riaz as Legend Material too but in my opinion he is not a new version of Muhammad Sami - Extras.

I will add whenever I feel like there is a new Future star.

smash84

The Tiger King
hmmmm..........not a bad intro of some upcoming peeps for Pakistan.

Sohail Khan seems to have improved his bowling too. Junaid Khan I am not too sure. What happened to Sadaf Hussain???

Burgey

My young bloke. Only just turned nine, but won the under 10s batting average despite playing up a year. finished mid-table on the bowling averages too.

I don't want to put too much pressure on him, but if he doesn't top out at >10,000 runs and an average between 55 and 60, and take 300 plus test wickets, I'll be very disappointed*.

* And he has to be a lot more team-orientated and entertaining than Sleeping Bag Kallis.

Daemon

My young bloke. Only just turned nine, but won the under 10s batting average despite playing up a year. finished mid-table on the bowling averages too.

I don't want to put too much pressure on him, but if he doesn't top out at >10,000 runs and an average between 55 and 60, and take 300 plus test wickets, I'll be very disappointed*.

* And he has to be a lot more team-orientated and entertaining than Sleeping Bag Kallis.
Been offered an IPL contract yet?

Spark

Global Moderator
Pat Cummins :ph34r:

And yes I know I've posted that in every single one of these threads.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pakistan I will start with my own country, we have had quality players up until mid 2000 with Inzi/Younis/Yousuf at the crease you could always expect to see some spectacular Shots and on the other hand Shoaib Akhtar steaming in with the likes of Danish Kaneria/Asif/Rana Naveed was also fascinating.

Pakistan will never lack in talent, that is for sure. Everyday, if one walks out on a Pakistani street after the noon, He will observe people of all ages, from 5-30 Playing Cricket.
In Pakistan, bowling is the priority for many people as it seems such an exciting job to do perhaps because of the Legends born in this Country, Imran Khan, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Shoaib Akhtar are all inspiration for us.

Even today, when we have lost our Duo (The A-A) we still have backup, there are a bunch of bowlers waiting for chance, many have been given the chance but sadly our management and perhaps the fans too can not be patient with a Player, it is absolutely necessary for the debutant to perform in his early games or else he is not persisted with and the management and fans move ahead but the Real Talent does not hide for a lot of time.

1) Umar Akmal - Fans had lots of hope with him after he played some astonishing innings in the beginning of his career i.e Australia series IIRC, he has potential but requires grooming especially he lacks temperament.

Agree.

2) Fawad Alam - The guy is the victim of politics in the management, he has a lot of potential, scoring quite a lot of runs in domestic and has been the highest run-scorer this year, His average is the highest ever in Pakistan Domestic (Javed Miandad comes afterwards) but due to his 'ugly' playing style, fans are not convinced. In my opinion, he has a lot of potential if the management persists with him.

Slightly agree, though I think he just not ugly has some technical issues aswell.

3) Junaid Khan - A replacement for Muhammad Amir, People had a lot of expectations from him after he performed brilliantly in First Class Cricket. He was not given a chance in the WC after he got 3 wickets for 7 overs against England in a warm-up match.
He was not very impressive against Windies but has been impressing since then, i.e against Ireland and in the County.

A very average bowler.

4) Sohail Khan - Pace bowler, performing since quite some time and was also given a chance but at the dead wicket in Lahore. Been the victim of injuries due to his injury prone body/action.

See Juanid.

Otherwise Raza Hasan(the best young talent in country hope he gets groomed well) is a Left Arm spin bowler, performing quite well in the domestic circuit but needs some time, likewise, Zain Abbas(decent potential still too soon to say anything let him have atleast one full season)/Sharjeel Khan(rubbish)/Umar Amin(best young batsman in Pakistan,rate him much higher then Umer Akmal) are a few good batsmen spotted as the future Stars People may also consider Wahab Riaz as Legend Material too but in my opinion he is not a new version of Muhammad Sami - Extras.

I will add whenever I feel like there is a new Future star.

Last edited: