• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is needed to be a world class fast bowler

Xuhaib

International Coach
A random thought that just came to my mind.

IMO accuracy is a must then there are 4 other important facets to pace bowling Swing,Seam,Pace and bounce.If you can combine any of the these two facets with accuracy you will have your world class bowler.

Would love to hear peoples thoughts on it.

MrIncredible

U19 Cricketer
All that is good and well, but I think nutrition and fitness also goes a long way.

Dont know about other regions but seeing the likes of Jerome Taylor and co break down time and time

again just makes me shake my head every time

Blaze 18

Banned
Not to mention a good, sensible board that doesn't force its players to play hundreds of meaningless ODI series.

Tom 1972

School Boy/Girl Captain
Strong core stength. Rhythm. Aggression/white line fever. Ability to play with niggles.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A random thought that just came to my mind.

IMO accuracy is a must then there are 4 other important facets to pace bowling Swing,Seam,Pace and bounce.If you can combine any of the these two facets with accuracy you will have your world class bowler.

Would love to hear peoples thoughts on it.
A random thought, eh? That sounds pretty damn similar to something I posted last week.

I've certainly never seen anyone else bowl a spell as good as Johnson can. I've seen bowlers match his express pace, awkward angle, hooping inswing, raw aggression and pinpoint accuracy, but not all at once.

I guess it's all a bit surplus to requirements when any of those attributes coupled with the last one is generally more than enough, but it's pretty damn good to watch.
:p

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ability to push through pain, mentality not to make excuses when banged up and things are not going well and the pride in the job that when your ass is on the floor and the captain tells you to bowl that you then suck it up and charge in with no complaints.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Mental toughness.... When things go wrong you need mental strength... And at the end of the match a nice roti salan.