• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most exciting bowler to watch

Xuhaib

International Coach
The word is exciting not best so try to make this thread as subjective as possible no stats bore please:)

Akhtar & Warne for me.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Waqar and Murali.

Donald too in his best years. Always loved his bowling action.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Real toughie, but Bond for mine, and I admit it's mainly because he's a kiwi and it was always a buzz to have him in there. Made me feel like we could beat any team put in front of us with him there. Also he was a rare treat and what a treat he was.

However I love(d) watching Steyn, Warne and the several awesome Pakistani quicks we've had over the past couple of decades, from Wasim and Waqar to Amir and Asif.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Real toughie, but Bond for mine, and I admit it's mainly because he's a kiwi and it was always a buzz to have him in there. Made me feel like we could beat any team put in front of us with him there. Also he was a rare treat and what a treat he was.

However I love(d) watching Steyn, Warne and the several awesome Pakistani quicks we've had over the past couple of decades, from Wasim and Waqar to Amir and Asif.
Bond and Steyn are very good picks Akhtar just pips them for me Aamer was also getting there:( was a bit too young too fully appreciate Wasim,Waqar at their peaks

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasim
Warne
Waqar
Shoaib Akhtar
Donald

Imran and Holding from earlier times

Lillee and Thomson would have been pretty bloody exciting to watch too, but I've little or no direct memory of them playing live

Spark

Global Moderator
Warne. Not old enough to have many memories of Wasim/Waqar.

Steyn is bloody exciting though. So is Mitch but in a wider... variety... of ways.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Always found Flintoff exciting. When I was younger, Devon Malcolm sticks in the memory. Right now it's probably Swann out of the England players, I also like Steyn, Lee, and also Umar Gul in T20s.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Brett Lee
Andrew Flintoff - You just felt something would happen every time he bowled be it test or ODI cricket.

Flem274*

123/5
Bond and Steyn are very good picks Akhtar just pips them for me Aamer was also getting there:( was a bit too young too fully appreciate Wasim,Waqar at their peaks
I saw them at the end of their careers. They (along with Akthar) only registered at the time as "those guys who kill our team."

Youtube ftw. Curtly Ambrose's 7/sfa was gun as well. Wish I saw him when he was playing.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I saw them at the end of their careers. They (along with Akthar) only registered at the time as "those guys who kill our team."

Youtube ftw. Curtly Ambrose's 7/sfa was gun as well. Wish I saw him when he was playing.
Curtly came across more intimidating then exciting too me gun bowler no doubt.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Found Warne boring. Stuart MacGill, for mine, was far more exciting to watch. Reason why he's my favourite bowler of all time.

Flintoff in the two ashes series in England was exciting to watch because he was all over the batsmen and was bowling good heat.

Akhtar also always brought a level of excitement with him that others failed to match.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All genuinely fast bowlers when they have their tails up are exciting but of all those I've seen the one who made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up the most was an angry Sylvester Clarke