• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ESPNcricinfo World XI

smash84

The Tiger King
Actually, just looked it up, from 99 onwards he averaged 29 and struck at 51. Excellent SR but merely pretty good average. Having said that, his 99 year - especially the series against India - is the one that's really bad.
Incidentally I did the analysis for Waqar's 9 year period from 1989 till 1989. He played 56 matches took 276 @ an average of 21.52 and a Strike Rate of 40.4. Quite phenomenal indeed.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Let me make it easy for you mate:

:laugh:. Good comedy.

The real joke will be when the series vs SA ends however, when as i expect he struggles. I shall save this post in my favourites links to throw it back in your face @ the end of the series.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Actually, just looked it up, from 99 onwards he averaged 29 and struck at 51. Excellent SR but merely pretty good average. Having said that, his 99 year - especially the series against India - is the one that's really bad.
Yeah, but his wpm is just over 3.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
:laugh:. Good comedy.

The real joke will be when the series vs SA ends however, when as i expect he struggles. I shall save this post in my favourites links to throw it back in your face @ the end of the series.
So basically when he fails, i.e, criteria #1 on my flow chart, you will declare you were right i.e, what my flowchart says you will do as a result of criteria #1, and this, in your mind, will be throwing it in my face. Nice.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
So basically when he fails, i.e, criteria #1 on my flow chart, you will declare you were right i.e, what my flowchart says you will do as a result of criteria #1, and this, in your mind, will be throwing it in my face. Nice.
Nothing that joke flowchart states i will do. Thats just dull comedy.

If Sehwag fails they way i expect him to fail, by being technically exposed to @ the body short pitched bowling & inswingers. It will prove me right since that how other past quality quick bowlers have failed him in his career.

If he does well, especially once the full-strenght SA attack is available. I can make no excuses & will have to applaud him, since that will clearly show he would have corrected past faults.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Why the **** do you all care if Aussie understands India are #1 even if they are not dominant, or whether he rates Sehwag?

After like 2-3 debates, when he's not understanding your point at all, or refusing to accept it, it's time to say "okay well this isn't going anywhere."

That being said, hilarious flow chart SS :laugh:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Why the **** do you all care if Aussie understands India are #1 even if they are not dominant, or whether he rates Sehwag?

After like 2-3 debates, when he's not understanding your point at all, or refusing to accept it, it's time to say "okay well this isn't going anywhere."

Why does it have to be me who is the one that has to bow understand you peoples POVs or accept it?. Does CW have some elitist structure?. It is either somebody is wrong & somebody is right. The facts decide that.

Just as the facts in cricket history prove conclusively why Indian aren't # 1 ATM & why Sehwag shouldn't be rated that highly ATS of his career. Very simple stuff.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Okay I'll rephrase it.

Just like everyone else except aussie posts in this thread or the rankings thread isn't accepting aussie's view, we may as well stop.

There, just for you aussie.

AaronK

State Regular

That should do it,.. recently, I haven't been getting alot of sleep .. if only this team plays, I could enjoy a good night sleep of maybe 11 hours or so..

I would add Dravid, Kallis and Bakwasker's (Gavasker) name to that list also and let them put everyone to sleep in the stadium haha

in all fairness, McGrath was a bit exciting at some points..

bagapath

International Captain
That should do it,.. recently, I haven't been getting alot of sleep .. if only this team plays, I could enjoy a good night sleep of maybe 11 hours or so..

I would add Dravid, Kallis and Bakwasker's (Gavasker) name to that list also and let them put everyone to sleep in the stadium haha

in all fairness, McGrath was a bit exciting at some points..
did you see gavaskar play?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Coz he pops up in every thread to spout what most people on here consider to be nonnsense, and with good reason, if I may add..