• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I seriously am feeling as if someone died in my family ( God Forbid). This is nothing short of it. And my personal feeling is that this is true. Even though my heart says...please don't be true...please come out clean from this..please don't be true.....but my mind is saying it is true....

You guys have no idea what my sentiments are at the moment...i don't have many words to explain and i am just hoping against hope its not true.
Mate, I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say the real victims of this are Pakistan cricket fans. Feel so sorry for you guys.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
This also casts a massive shadow over the coming ODIs and T20s - will they be played? Will the ECB be left monumentally out of pocket? What is going through these people's minds?

Langeveldt

Soutie
I feel absolutely gutted. I do not care how little money the Pakistani players earn in comparison to others, there is absolutely no excuse for bringing yourself, your team and your country into disrepute. And for Aamir, the one shining light in this shambles of a Pakistani team, to be so directly implicated, makes it all the worse. To do this at the best of times is criminal, but to do so when your country is being ravaged by floods and torn apart by political unrest is just utterly and completely grotesque.

This test match shouldn't be cut short; it should continue. Let the Pakistani players play their final test in full gaze of the braying media and fans. Let the boos echo throughout Lords. Cheats and liars deserve no respect.

Lifetime ban for everybody involved. That includes Aamir, unfortunately.
Yeah, Pakistan are in for a huge hammering, and it will be interesting to see what kind of reception Amir gets when he bats.. I assume his name is already on the honours board as well.. As tragic as this is, tomorrow is going to be compelling..

WorcsRoyal

School Boy/Girl Captain
Majeed then explained that the third no ball would come in the first over that teen wonder boy Amir got to deliver to an England right- hander, after one of the opening two left-handers had been dismissed.

Just to convince us Amir was on side Majeed telephoned the young star at his hotel. "Are you sleeping f***er?" he asked crudely. Amir confirmed that's what he was trying to do.

"Ok, sleep," said Majeed. "We've spoken about everything before anyway. Ok, don't mind. You sleep'."
:eek:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I seriously am feeling as if someone died in my family ( God Forbid). This is nothing short of it. And my personal feeling is that this is true. Even though my heart says...please don't be true...please come out clean from this..please don't be true.....but my mind is saying it is true....

You guys have no idea what my sentiments are at the moment...i don't have many words to explain and i am just hoping against hope its not true.
Feel bad for you guys... :(

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Call me a bleeding heart liberal but I'm not sure I share the general appetite for dishing out a life ban to an 18 year old.

Having said which, the question of whether he is in fact 18 is itself open to some doubt.

pasag

RTDAS
Not sure what evidence there is for this. The source of the only evidence (other than what happened in the game itself) is far from a reliable witness.
There were a lot of murmurs at the time, don't think anyone can now say with a straight face that that match was legit.

Also it now explains why there was so much in fighting with captains and why a guy like Younis Khan didn't last very long.

Really feel for the Sri Lankan players who risked their lives to play these ****s.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Can we afford not to play them with 100,000 spectators paying £50 a punt? We can't have a £5m black hole in the accounts... World XI time??

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
There were a lot of murmurs at the time, don't think anyone can now say with a straight face that that match was legit.
I wouldn't want to put any money on it, if you'll excuse the expression, but I don't rate this match-fixing character as a witness of truth, that's all - and he had plenty of motive to make this up

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Call me a bleeding heart liberal but I'm not sure I share the general appetite for dishing out a life ban to an 18 year old.

Having said which, the question of whether he is in fact 18 is itself open to some doubt.
Yeah, there's a precedent with Herschelle Gibbs and the other guy getting 6 month bans. Although that was partly because Gibbs ****ed up his end of the deal and actually scored runs.

Although the only real argument I've got against Amir getting a life ban is that I think he's a gun and I really love watching him bowl. That's not a great argument.

pskov

International 12th Man
Can we afford not to play them with 100,000 spectators paying £50 a punt? We can't have a £5m black hole in the accounts... World XI time??
They'll have insurance, though I don't know under what circumstances they could claim for. And besides you still don't make as much because you lose out on ancillaries like food and drink.

If Pakistan do end the tour early then could the ECB draft in West Indies, Sri Lanka or South Africa to replace them? Wouldn't be ideal, but better than nothing.

pakster

U19 12th Man

You do have a point. Despite the fury of my previous post, one suspects that this runs deeper than just Aamer and Asif behaving like plonkers. Who knows what type of external pressure and coercion they were under; this is a systematic failure of the PCB.

I do feel sorry for the ECB here. They've been fantastic to Pakistan this summer, and this is how we repay them! Arrgh

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I wonder why Afridi really quit
I wonder why Younis Khan was really forced out
I wonder when we will stop asking questions and learn the truth