Page 99 of 115 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1716

Thread: *Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxdude View Post
    Sachin was great that day but the only reason we had a chance to win the game was Sehwag. He truly deserved the man of the match. I wouldn't though trade Sachin for Sehwag today.
    Only reason? That's taking it too far.

Without Sehwag would India have won? Debatable. Perhaps a late flourish from Dhoni/Yuvraj might have done the trick too. But would we have saved the match? Definitely.

But without Tendulkar would we have won the match? Or atleast drawn the match?

S_A, sorry I was editing my post when you posted your last post.

You're comparing tests and ODIs. Tell me what's more demoralizing.. 98 off 75 in an ODI or 87 off 70(?) in a test?

When Sachin got out, India were still 100 runs behind with 6 wickets and 22 overs in hands. Pakistan could have easily made a comeback and this is an ODI we're talking about.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    Only reason? That's taking it too far.

Without Sehwag would India have won? Debatable. Perhaps a late flourish from Dhoni/Yuvraj might have done the trick too. But would we have saved the match? Definitely.

But without Tendulkar would we have won the match? Or atleast drawn the match?
    Without Sehwag's innings, I think, our team would have been more focused on saving the test. Without Tendulkar we would not have won the match too. Considering he and Yuvraj had a huge stand and finished the game. But Sehwag made it possible for Sachin to win the game.

"I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Banned
    Anyways, am off this. Fact is one is still at the crease of the two, and it is not Sehwag

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
    So what is wrong with Tendulkar's 4th innings record of late to him being not considered ahead of Sehwag? Interesting you always take pride in objective statistical analysis and yet do not want to see the stats here.
    Like I said,this has nothing to do with records.I am just saying that for this match,in this scenario,at this point in time I'd trade Tendu for Sehwag.

Well I for sure wouldn't. S/R is not an issue in this game. Staying at the crease under difficult pitch conditions is but you are entitled to your opinion AK. It is a futile debate any ways.
    Last edited by Pratters; 06-08-2010 at 01:26 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Like I said,this has nothing to do with records.I am just saying that for this match,in this scenario,at this point in time I'd trade Tendu for Sehwag.
    The last time India were 3 wickets down, and 200+ runs short of target on the 5th day, on a subcontinental pitch, it was Tendulkar who led them to win.
    Eerily similar situation this time too...

Avatar bet on India winning the match, if there is no natural intervention. 2 weeks. Anyone interested?

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    That's an excellent article.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Well I for sure wouldn't. S/R is not an issue in this game. Staying at the crease under difficult pitch conditions is but you are entitled to your opinion AK. It is a futile debate any ways.
    True,SR def isn't an issue in this game.

I agree it is a futile debate but let me just try and explain myself.

The Tendu of today,regardless of the runs he scores,just doesn't give me the confidence I had in him a decade ago...understandably so....The memories of him scratching around for a 98 ball 16 in Bangalore when Ind collapsed against Pak on day 5 after lunch are still fresh in my mind.And just ftr,I would say his Chennai 08 100 was the worst of his 4th innings centuries.His maden ton in England and the 136 against Wasim/Waqar were much better IMO.

Sehwag on current form is just about as likely to stick around in difficult conditions as Tendu is.The diff is he,again compared to the Tendu of today,is more likely turn a game on its head.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 06-08-2010 at 01:41 PM.

Banned

Sehwag on current form is just about as likely to stick around in difficult conditions as Tendu is.
    Fact is he hasn't.

And he has never stuck in. (Can't recollect if he has ever lasted more than 100 deliveries in the 4th innings)

And yes sometimes 96 ball 16s count, when you are trying to save a test match.
    Last edited by Sir Alex; 06-08-2010 at 01:42 PM.

True,SR def isn't an issue in this game.

I agree it is a futile debate but let me just try and explain myself.

The Tendu of today,regardless of the runs he scores,just doesn't give me the confidence I had in him a decade ago...understandably so....The memories of him scratching around for a 98 ball 16 in Bangalore when Ind collapsed against Pak on day 5 after lunch are still fresh in my mind.And just ftr,I would say his Chennai 08 100 was the worst of his 4th innings centuries.His maden ton in England and the 136 against Wasim/Waqar were much better IMO.

Sehwag on current form is just about as likely to stick around in difficult conditions as Tendu is.
    Tendulkar made 200 last test if I am not mistaken. The man is scoring tons at a rate faster than ever in his career. Regarding Chennai and all, I won't get into that, no. Just no.

Banned
    Anyway here's hoping Ind win with Tendu scoring a century.

Anyway here's hoping Ind win with Tendu scoring a century.
    I want it so so bad, that I've just put even more money on Sri Lanka to win.

I need something to cushion the disappointment if we lose tomorrow. Money is the only thing that can do that

Thread Information