• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Sri Lanka 2010 - Tests

Lostman

State Captain
yes..or as I would call it Halwa balls :laugh:

You make a good point about Sanga setting defensive fields despite being on top.I think all Asian teams tend to be ultra-defensive which is a reason why we get a lot of draws in the SC.Dhoni was way too defensive against Mendis and Samaraweera....
Disagree on it being SC thing, I find all the captains these days are too defensive and too timid to take any chances. In fact, I find Ponting and Smith the wost offenders of this.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Only attacking captains in recent times was Fleming and Mahela Jayawardene.

And Jayawardene just handed over because he got tired of it :(

Lostman

State Captain
Only attacking captains in recent times was Fleming and Mahela Jayawardene.

And Jayawardene just handed over because he got tired of it :(
This is why a lot of SL fans (me) are easily frustrated with Sanga's captaincy, really tough act to follow:)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
200 is not that impossible target, Tendulkar needs to stay and if he does India will win.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
RE: Taufel's decision, I don't really have a problem with it.

If an umpire instinctively thinks that it's caught, but wants to check upstairs to make sure that there wasn't an obvious bounce on the ground, then that's fair enough for mine. I'd rather that than an umpire thinking that the ball has been caught, but ruling not out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't have a problem with it, so long as it's the actual rule.

It's not currently though.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Srilanka clearly the favorites here. India's only hope is Tendulkar. He's been Mr. Clutch the last 3 years, coming up big under pressure almost every time. Today's one of the biggest test match days India will be playing in recent memory. Up to Tendulkar to make it a memorable one.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There's no law referring to the "benefit of the doubt" in the laws of cricket. It's convention.
There is a law that the umpire has to be sure it's out though.

I just heard Taufel's explanation, and it's fair enough, but I completely agree with what Arun Lal is sying in response. If the umpire is going to have a "consultative" process with a 3rd umpire (rather than a referral), then why only for catches?

Arun Lal is spot on here.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I hope an edge doesn't find its way through the vacant slip position. With the amount of bounce Randiv extracts surely a slip is a no-brainer.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
That's the second time Tendulkar poked at a ball with a bit of a negative line though. As long as he is there, India have a chance. Tendulkar stands between India and defeat. How many times has that happened now in his career?

Laxman looking very good against Randiv btw.